K8n Neo2 Platinum Vcore Voltages

ok, i have a neo2 platinum and a 3000+ venice and i was tring to o/c and i work my way up to 260 fsb. i go to test stability with super pi, i get through 16,32,64,138,256, but when i do 512 i get a restart with no blue screen. so i reboot and it boots fine, temps are fine, then i get voltage, which i turned up to 1.5...which was more than enough, but cpu-z and mbm5 are both registering the vcore at 1.41.....WTFH.... so i reboot and check it in the bios... voltage is set at 1.500v, so i check the hardware monitoring in the bios and it says 1.41 WTH is wrong with this, the vcore at stock is 1.360 and it wont go higher than 1.428.... should i RMA this board?

Guest FxXP
... ok but then why does it not get any higher than 1.428 on any vcore setting?????

480962[/snapback]

The Neo2 undervolts, so its natural to have this problem. To resolve it, get BIOS versions 1.36 - 1.41. These have a 1.555v + 18.3% selection that allows you get to up to 1.6v with the board. The only problem is that you won't have the proper CPU code for Venice which would exclude SSE3 support, useless anyways.

iirc, changing the vcore without selecting an overvolt %age doesn't (or hardly does) change the voltage...

try 3.3% overvolt to begin with... even on an official bios you should be able to get at least ~1.55v effective

what revision your running? i would avoid 1.6 cuz it the bios went crazy @ 250 fsb on mines. 1.8 is the latest i think but dont got the time to try it yet, tons of school work to do and cant risk screwin up comp.