New Case/firewire In Front Issues.

Hey all,

I just got an Aspire X-Navigator case with the two USB ports in front and firewire port in front. I have a Gigabyte K8NS Ultra-939 nf3 mobo. There is a firewire cabled that's labeled 1394 coming from the front of the case where the front firewire input is. However, I can't find the corresponding input jack or whatever you want to call it on the mobo. It fits in a front-USB port, there are two, and one is used by the other USB ports in front. But nothing fits the firewire cable from the front other then that USB cable. I'm hesitant to try using that USB port for the firewire cable, and i'm kinda irritated because a reason i got this case was the firewire in front. and i can't use the firewire in front. so can someone lend a hand, or am I SOL?

Ok, so i went to the gigabyte site, found your motherboard and downloaded the manual.

Go to page 10 and look at the diagram of the motherboard. At the very bottom where all the connectors are, i see something called: F1_1394 and next to it F2_1394. I'm not sure if the F2 is usuable, but I believe that the F1_1394 is your firewire connector.

http://america.giga-byte.com/MotherBoard/F...ultra-939_e.pdf

Ok, so i went to the gigabyte site, found your motherboard and downloaded the manual.

Go to page 10 and look at the diagram of the motherboard.  At the very bottom where all the connectors are, i see something called: F1_1394 and next to it F2_1394.  I'm not sure if the F2 is usuable, but I believe that the F1_1394 is your firewire connector.

http://america.giga-byte.com/MotherBoard/F...ultra-939_e.pdf

478294[/snapback]

the pin configuration between the cable and mobo input is different, wherein lies the issue.

Guest FxXP
the pin configuration between the cable and mobo input is different, wherein lies the issue.

478465[/snapback]

Gigabytes use a proprietory Firewire header that is not the same as Asus or other brands. Only their Firewire brackets can be used with the board.

Are just the wires in diff spots or its a whole differenct connector? If its just wired differently you can cut the wires from the case and resplice them to their connector again in the gigabyte layout.

Are just the wires in diff spots or its a whole differenct connector? If its just wired differently you can cut the wires from the case and resplice them to their connector again in the gigabyte layout.

478843[/snapback]

entirely different male/female connectors that don't fit together in any way shape or form.