Lost Everything

well i now have to reinstall everything as i goofed when i redid my xp install and ended up formatting both of my hdd's so i have lost close to 140gb of programs, games, music, movies most of which was leagel but some was dled before the riaa stepped in and i quit dling after they did so as not to get in trouble :(

I feel your pain. I remember I had about 60gigs of stuff stored on my sister's comp (this was when I only had about 32 gigs available on my rig and she had just received a brand spanking new Sony Vaio from the rents). Well, for some odd reason, she decided it would be a good idea to install my copy of Windows 2000 Advanced Server Edition. Now, I partitioned her drive into 20GB and 60GB partitions, but she somehow managed to wipe both partitions. Man, was I pissed. Thankfully it wasn't really important stuff (I had that backed up in CDs), but it was frustrating that 60 gigs of stuff had been wiped.

I was ecstatic when I got my DVD burner. I have like stacks of backed up stuff now, so I'm not in too much of a serious threat of losing stuff to a hard drive failure or user error. Of course, I can't wait till we get Blu-Ray burners. I would absolutely LOVE to get my hands on 50GB discs..........

If you did only a quick format file scavenger can get most of it back bishop

474786[/snapback]

thanx for the info but there is mostly unknown files and i really dont wanna have to go through and rename everything lol