Corsair Xms 3200 Winbound Utt -5?

Well my local pc shop is selling the Corsair TWINX 1G PC3200 C2 REV 1.5. Ive gathered that these are new chips and are "

CMX512 3200C2PT v1.5 0512148-0 = Winbond -5 Rev B UTT"

So i would like to know before i buy, how for has UTT -5 Rev B know to O/C and on what volts and timmings? Or is this chip kidna new?

Too much voltage (wich is highly variable, depending on cooling) will definatly kill it. Once you go over 3v you should probably have some active cooling on it.

UTT is revised CH-5. It does very well with alot of voltage but you need a bare minimum of 3.1+v for it to be worthwhile in my opinion. 3.3+ is ideal.

As tbone stated TCCD will be better if you can only put 2.9v into it.

Edited by oralpain

Ok i might get the UTT, but to get 250mh+ ill hav to go oevr 3v. Will this shorten the RAM's life? And cooling? What if i got fans adn my system temp is usually 29'c..ialso got a Zalman 7000B alcu close by whihc is cooling my CPU.

Will it be safe to have the new UTT B5 at 3.3v 24/7? Or on that volatge everytime i use my computer? (avergae 10hrs a day)....i dont want to kill this ram to geta good o/c

Edited by thef1re

TCCD runs more mhz, but those lax timings make UTT/BH-5 faster. You have to run in the DDR600+ [email protected] to match UTT/BH-5 at DDR520@2-2-2-5.

There was a thread about this recently over at xs.org. Quite interesting.

*OFF TOPIC* Hey, nrg, I've got my 3700+ San Dieg on pre-order. Are we going to go at it again with Rev E? :P