How Are The New 64bit Intels, Compared To Amd?

Like how do they stack up, is it a compltely futile attempt, or........no?

I mean im sure theyre decent

I'd like to hear some unbiased opinions here lol

or anyone have them perhaps that could give some info?

Im talking about the 650's and stuff here, not like the emt64 xeons and stuff

another weird kinda off topic question

like on the lga 775, I know they have contact pads, whats better pins or pads? seems like the pads break easy?

Edited by CoolMaster

They tend to perform pretty well in benchmarks, but it's really due to the extra 1mb of L2 cache and not the 64-bit extensions. For the most part, the cpu scene didn't really change much...amd's still own at gaming, intel's own at encoding. No extra instruction sets are going to change that. What I DID find fascinating, however, was the performance gain seen by both chips when they enter a 64-bit environment. The A64's tend to gain more performance from going 64-bit than the intel's do, probably because the A64's were designed from the ground up to be 64-bit, while intel had to add the support later.

I think they both are doing pretty good now

but are the intels "truely" 64 bit, or just emt64 extensions?

i thought they were like actually 64 bit but maybe Im wrong

at least intel is putting up a fight though, that means price drops for all YAY!

Wait....which one do the new intel processors use?

and if it's the emt64, dont they have to pay AMD for every 64 bit processor out now

cause ive heard NO they dont have to pay amd, and yes they do, im not sure who to believe lol

so the new intels are truely 64 bit then right?

what do you mean truly 64bit? what is fake 64bit?

the new intel's have 64-bit capbility, its the same technology that is in AMD's. AMD invented and Intel is using it, but calling a slightly different name. If they pay AMD for it or not, really has no bearing.

you are asking if intel has 64 bit, if its the same and amd's and getting confused over the names and who pays who to what where when and how.

Intel users AMD 64bit tech in their newer pentiums. If Intel has to AMD or not dosn't change that fact.