My Logo

cold_snipe

Hello everyone, I am trying to make myself a logo, mostly just to mess around with The Gimp (not photoshop, I like the gimp better.). I just started messing around with it, I dont really have an idea of how its gonna be set up, so I'd like some ideas that i can try and make.. So far i have this:

VGA FPS by cost.zip

Note: this is also a test to how these pics will look on the internet, in these forums. Please dont yell at me saying "this sucks", this is my first try ever using the gimp/photoshop (other then at school)

its too busy try to dul the bright purple aroud cold_snipe too

430331[/snapback]

I agree...

It kind of hurts my eyes to look at it

EDIT: meh dont mean that its not good... just to colors :lol:

Good luck on the final product

Edited by Nedlinin

Interesting.. what were you planning on using it for? (or did you not think about that).

Keep at it, and remember that if you want your logo to be easily recognisable it needs to be clear and ideally unique in some way (thats more difficult).

If the gimp is anything like photoshop you will be able to go stupditly in depth as to how your images look.

if you're gonna use small bright (green or otherwise) text on a dark AND bright background you'll either have to reduce the contrast of the background, or create a dark outline for the small text to define the edges, or a combination of both (usually best)

i think making the text stand out and be readable in a sigpic is the most challenging part if you are including rig specs...

here's an example where i used a background:

(not my sigpic, this was done for someone else, but it shows light text on a dark AND light background... outer glow (black) was used on the text to make it stand out)