Sound Card And Speakers

legit

hey all,

so i want to get a sound card because my mobo supports 6-channel audio and i have yet to find any speakers that are 6 channel. so i want to get a goo card, i've heard Creative labs Audigy is good but am not sure, im looking for a good surround sound sysytem. also im looking for good speakers, and i was wondering, do all speakers have wires connecting all teh speakers or are there some that are wireless, because thats what i want. thanks

- legit

all depends on your budget, i have an Audigy ES card and a pieced together 2.1 speaker system, practially nothing invested, card was like 40 bucks, desktop speakers and sub given to me, bel;eive it or not this thing rocks pretty dang loud and hard, using the KX drivers helped alot instead of creative's "bloatware"

Have there been any reviews or anything regarding the KX drivers. Like, we all know that Omega Drivers for vid cards are generally much better than the ones from the manufacturer, and there are benchmarks to prove this. I know it's kinda difficult to benchmark a sound card, but I just wanna know if there's any significant benefit to using the KX drivers rather than the Creative ones.

I've got and Audigy 2 ZS..... b4 i had a SB live!, i cant tell the difference between the two, lol probably bc of my crap speakers... Concerning "Wireless" speakers....to my knowledge there aren't any made 4 pc but u can buy home theatre "wireless" speakers, i'd stick to wired speakers atm, maybe a set of Logitech 5500e? ;), or if u have a generous budget, u can buy some home theatre speakers and wire them up to ur comp. Maybe....some denon speakers? or some wharfedale speakers or some cellestion speakers? you'll also need an amp.... anywho.... good luck in finding wat u want

Edited by jonnoyeo111

Yea, Sony and some other companies make wireless speakers, but they usually require an amp in order to use them. Comp speakers were designed specifically without the need for a separate amp, in order to make it easy for the average user to hook them up. I would personally suggest getting a nice pair of Logitech speakers. They have great 2.1 through 7.1 speaker sets. I personally use the 2.1 Z-2200s, and at 200W, they sound AMAZING. My cousin just bought the new Z-5500s, the followup to the Z-680s, and at around 500W, they are pretty nice themselves.

Of course, considerin the Z-5500s are Logitech's premiere speaker set, they'll set you back a good number of those rectangular green papers. The less powerful sets are also actually pretty good.

i have yet to find any speakers that are 6 channel.

406024[/snapback]

you mean, in your area? cos 6 channel soundcards are generally front left + front right, rear left + rear right, centre and subwoofer.... the subwoofer has a limited frequency range (ie low, like 20-200Hz) and is therefore called 0.1 like 0.1 of a whole channel... so the remaining 5 speakers are all full frequency... 5 + 0.1 = 5.1

please tell me you have 5.1 speaker sets in your area...

Have there been any reviews or anything regarding the KX drivers. Like, we all know that Omega Drivers for vid cards are generally much better than the ones from the manufacturer, and there are benchmarks to prove this. I know it's kinda difficult to benchmark a sound card, but I just wanna know if there's any significant benefit to using the KX drivers rather than the Creative ones.

406057[/snapback]

the sound quality of the rear output is better than the front output so they can be switched in the kX drivers, that's a massive improvement to start with... for me, that meant going from a noisefloor of -57dB to -82dB when recording... that's a lot...

the latency in Cubase by using the kX ASIO means you can get it down to like 5ms instead of 700ms for the MME's and something like 200ms for the DirectX ones...

those are the major differences for me, then you have unlimited control of routing sound and programmable dsp effects...

EAX doesn't work right with the kX drivers though...

i'd only really recommend the kX drivers for music production, that's why they were made, to turn the creative cards into studio-level pro cards...

for games they kinda suck

Yes...yes... but if he's willing to spend money on a wireless setup the logitech's would be well within his budget. Hmm... i myself am thinking of getting a set of logitech 5300e, 220W and "cheap" considering prices in Australia.... :(

all 6 channel soundcards are 5.1

the only time a 6 channel soundcard would be a true 6 channel card is if it was a professional music soundcard (or the sb live/audigy series with the kX drivers enabling 3 pairs of stereo outs)

so i have a soundbar on my LCD that i really like because its convieniently place could i use that with the system for the front left and right, it only has one cord so im assumming no? is that right