Logitech Mx510

lost

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have one and I love it.  You can change the PS2 polling and accelleration rates right in the mouseware with no problems.  It only goes to 200, but that is faster than usb, unless you modify your usb settings, and risk the stability of all of your usb devices.

402376[/snapback]

Huh? Why are you changing the PS2 poll rate when you are running it USB? It doesn't make a difference. :blink:

I have my USB polling rate set to 1000 hz in XP. :D

Edited by Thewacokid

Guest Silenc3

MX 510 Owns them all, If your a lefty go with the Razor Diamond back.

Though i was about to buy an mx1000 but i think i'll wait for the 518

BEST MOUSE EVER!!!! I bought it when they were still $50 and had no blue ones. STILL worth every penny. The Razors are cool and actually have a better sampling rate, but the MX510 feels better, has more programmable buttons, and just FEELS BETTER...wait, did I mention it feels better?

Gamers dream mouse!!!

Edited by Pent uP Rage

I had a Intellimouse Optical for a couple of years that worked fine for my uses, including games. After a while though, I thought I'd get a wireless mouse to get rid of the wire since it kept buggin me whenever I used the mouse. Now, I had to move the mouse "significant" distances on my mousepad (Ratpadz GS) even with the pointer speed set to maximum.

I was looking at the MX700/MX900 and the MX1000. However, I read some great reviews about the MX510 (and the fact that it was half the price, or close to it, of the other 3). The thing that was about to turn me off was the fact that it was wires. I was also considering buying a wireless keyboard, but there are a lot of bad reviews about them concerning gaming, so I decided to settle on the Saitek Gamers' Keyboard. This keyboard was wonderful and I didn't mind the extra wires (not like I'm going to use it 30 ft away anyway). So I decided, what the hell, I'll go for a wired mouse too, can't be worse than what I already had. So I bought the MX510, and all I can say is WOW. This mouse was AMAZING. It was such a DRASTIC improvement over my old mouse, I could hardly believe it. The cord never tangles since it has such fluid motion and doesn't require dragging from one end of the mouse pad to the other. I absolutely LOVE this mouse!!! I don't regret buying a wireless one at all, especially considerin the MX1000 is A LOT bigger and heavier than the MX510.

MX 510 Owns them all, If your a lefty go with the Razor Diamond back.

Though i was about to buy an mx1000 but i think i'll wait for the 518

402415[/snapback]

518>510

but the problem with me is i :wub: wireless mice

i really hope they offer a wireless version...i can't see myself buying a wired mouse ever again. There is nothing like turning your monitor towards your bed, and surfing the net (wirelessly) ;) from the friendly confines of your bed

Edited by sdy284

Well, that would depend upon each individual user. If the comp is in a room without a bed or something more comfortabe than their chair, then it wouldn't make sense to get a wireless mouse. If you don't want to deal with cords running across your desk, or tangling together, then a wireless mouse might be a good idea. However, for most people, besides the cool factor, there's no real reason to get a wireless mouse.