Any Other Audiophiles Here?

fishtankfish

ok

im somewhat of an audiophile when it comes to music. i'm looking to buy some new headphones for my PC and i want the most i can get for my money ($100-$150). I've been looking at some Sennheiser ones (HD-280, HD-570) and i've read a lot on them. A lot of reviews say they sound good but they aren't constructed that well. So, i'm second guessing myself. I was wondering if anyone here has had experience with some nicer headphones and could help me out a bit. i also do a lot of gaming so i would also partially be using it for that too.

thanks

i have the HD-575's and i could wear them all day and sleep in them they are that comfortable... the sound on them is very "open"... the open-air design (circum-aural but with a perforated back on the "cans") gives the stereo stage a wider feel, makes things sound like they are beyond the headphones...

the sound quality is outstanding... a very nice balanced frequency response with clear treble and mid-range while the bass is punchy, dynamic, defined and warm...

sounds as good as my sound system (Technics amp, Canon passive dual driver sub, Tannoy speakers, Atacama stands) and work equally well for gaming as for listening to music... :)

The Zalmans seem cool. surround sound headphones, mmmmm. I've read they're a little weak in the low end. They only go down to 50Hz. Overall sound quality is OK but YOU GOT SURROUND HEADPHONES. You could try some of the reference SONY headphones. I've used them at work and they're pretty darn accurate. Good frequency response. almost NO noise floor. And they're in your price range.

Sennheisers used to be great headphones, but have started to wane in quality due to the fact that they're trying to sell more of them. The Sony's are built well and sound great. Go to a big music store (Guitar Center, MARS)and audition some. You want to go with reference(studio)headphones. The SONYs or the Sennheisers. Your pick will more than likely be one of those two (in your price range)if you're serious about your sound.