Word Of Advice

Well guys I bought the ultra x conenct becasue I thought it would make the inside of my case look nice (wires bundled together with uv tubing) Well I was completly and utterly wrong on this one! Not only is it not compatible with my motherboard...(24 pin mobo, 20 pin psu) but the wires are almost impossible to manuver. It is a decent power supply for the man who has little to power but it if you have multiple fans, multiple optical drives, and other gizmos this is not the psu for you unless you are god at wire monuverability and concealment. But diffentaly wrong for me with the case and mobo I choose. The wires were too big to go under motHerboard and too short to manuver around the edges.... and to think I was going to put my computer on display and brag about how clean the insides were! well looks like I am up .* creek on this one!

Edited by CrackHead

I mean it wil probably run good I don't wanna give a bad rep to the product about its preformace...Although I don't know yet

(CUZ MINE WONT TURN ON YET WITHOUT A 24-20 Adapter)

Just beware before you buy it,

Are you going to be pluging in more than the basic

Do you have enough clearnce below your motherboard

Is it compatible (STUPID STUPID ME)

Do You have a small enough case to manuver the wires

Do You Care If Wires Are Everywere!!!

Return....maybe Does FrozenCPU accept returns?

Edited by CrackHead

i htink unless the chunkie look is what ur going for most ppl would agree that that looks pretty bad . they look like that were made to last kinda industrial . not like somehting sleek and sexy for inside a case . but thats my 2 cents

omg.... I thought that "wire management" from those PSU's were great until I see this, they are too huge to put anywhere. Sorry for your misfortune, maybe if you can work on it a little more you can fix it up a little?

Ive always said.. that PSU would be better if it werent modular.. or emi shielded.. with that crazy plastic crap making it so stiff

but still you can still get OK wiremanagement , see what youve done is just let it hang... tuck it in beside the drive bays,, you will se a hudge differecne

Also the molexs make it near impossible to properly hide wires, they needa non modular version of that psu.. or one with NORMAL sleeving