Big Problem

Compxpert

Ok big problem I formatted my moms computer and after installing sp2 i get a blue error screen saying:

"Stop: C0000135 {Unable to Locate Componet}

This application has failed to start because winsrv was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem."

OK well what do I do? Why does it suddenly say this?

Yea i got that but it wont even go near safe mode so im stuck i gotta repair xp. If that doesnt work then I guess im formating again. Hope not t though I already fomated it today. :ph34r:

*edit* It asks me for the administrator password when I go to repair it I don't know what it would be.

SP2 is quirky at best. A good rule of thumb with microsoft operationg systems is to install service patches in order. This was very important back in the NT4.0 days and I have had not one issue following this line of thinking. Load sp1a first then load sp2.

Good luck

SP2 is quirky at best. A good rule of thumb with microsoft operationg systems is to install service patches in order. This was very important back in the NT4.0 days and I have had not one issue following this line of thinking. Load sp1a first then load sp2.

Good luck

I think SP1a is in SP2.