Serial Mouse Replacement

bishop245

my aunt has a very old computer with a serial mouse that is worn out i have tried using a ps/2 mouse with a serial adapter and that didnt work so then i tries a usb optical mouse going through her 2 port pci usb card and that didnt work either anymore suggestions would be great

• 2 months later...
dont they still sell those anywhere??? I have one thats a

trackball....

gheeh,why would you want one of those? dunno,they have them , uhm, in some stores you can buy them , but it are the most basic of the basic mice :) I know stores use them temselves when repearing systems ;)

greetz

its not my comp that needs one its my aunts and i am in the processof building her another comp with a ps/2 port but i am very very broke right now cant even afford to buy a 64meg stick of sdram pc133 :( and thats all i need to get the comp running for her

thats true, forgot about those converters... I used to use one of those on my brothers

old Cyrix 166 (OC'd I think... I think it was 120mhz b4 that) back in the day...

but if he's too broke to afford a $7 dimm which I've probly got layin around my

house somewhere then he probly cant afford the converter...

i tried that and it still didnt work i am going to finish the other comp for her next week after i get my tax return back and then turn the ollder than dirt comp into a folding machine it will be slow but it will work