Game Servers

ATI Radeon 8500

I'm kind of starting a C-S clan and we are going to be in a few leagues, so I may need to buy a gaming server. I may be able to use my friend's server, but he may ssh in and purposely crash it during a match so he can laugh, plus it is laggy. Since I won't pay for it alone, I may be able to spend a bit on it. Do you know where I can get a good server for a low price. Right now I know lowpricegaming.com is extremely fast and is $70 monhtly for a 16 player public server. Recon Gamer is $55 monthly for a 16 player public server. But since it may be a match server, it may be better to get a private server which I can get a 20 player from Recon Gamer for $30 monthly. Does anyone know the quality of Recon Gamer's servers since they are so cheap?

Why not host a server yourself. Its really not that hard. If it is a match server it would probably be about 10 people max (?5v5 matches?). This can be done with relatively low bandwidth consumption. Say 50k per player, more than enough to run lag free. I ran a 20 player server on my 768/768 dsl for quite awhile with no probs at all. Cheers m8. :)

from what i understand running a server is more of a strain on upload bandwith then anything. i have 256 up and had trouble with more then 4 other people. our clan hosted our own 20 person sever on a member's T1 line and that when well until a backhoe digging next door cut the fiberoptic line :(.

heres a pretty good list of server host. i'm in the process of going though it mysel. http://www.gaminglinks.info/counterstrike/..._servers_1.html