Need Prog To Block My Ip Addy From Being Seen Pls

baggerbob

I am looking for a program to stop my ip address from being seen by anyone at all. Is there such a program as I have searched forever.

Would really appreciate anything that anyone has to offer.

Many thanks

Baggerbob

You won't be able to hide from Client Side scripting, like JavaScript, as it executes on your computer then send the info back to the server.

There was another thread on this a long time ago that went into more detail. But I can't find it. :/

you will never be able to hide your ip totally. but oh well. just lock your computer down tight as a mofo.... Get a hardware firewall..... and run tight security on your pc... No biggy. Encrypt all your inmortant data with 128 mb encrytion and then taunt the people trying to screw your computer up....

128 mb encryption, holy freaking crap that would be incredible! woudnt that be like 1073741824 bit encryption...crap, that would take days to decrypt even with the key.

I personally am not worried about my ip showing up on the net because well..it has to. If you're worried just use a proxy. Ive never had a virus and Ive never had an intursion even when I did run a webserver for a while. (Ill probably get hacked now lol) just be smart and you'll be fine. I still laugh everytime I see this

If you are looking for security, proxies aren't any good for it.

When you use a proxy, the server that the proxy is on keeps logs. They can see what sites you go to, and they can even sniff out your cookies which contain password, credit card numbers, ect..

I'd say away from proxies unless its from a very trustworthy source.

Just install zone alarm if you use windows. Check out: http://www.grc.com

Scan your system.

sygates professional firewall allows you to hide your ip

downside is its not for newbies ,its a self configure

proxies are ok but to easy to blow past woulds take me about 2 min to trace you back too your computer

mind you i have been doing this for sometime...lol :bah:

• 2 weeks later...
If you are looking for security, proxies aren't any good for it.

When you use a proxy, the server that the proxy is on keeps logs. They can see what sites you go to, and they can even sniff out your cookies which contain password, credit card numbers, ect..

I'd say away from proxies unless its from a very trustworthy source.

Just install zone alarm if you use windows. Check out: http://www.grc.com

Scan your system.

Many thanks for the tip on Zone alarm and I have installed it and they also had a special on for Anonymizer protection which is just great.

Again thanks to all that answered my posting.

Baggerbob