Mobile Athlon Xp On Desktop Pc

Hi ho everybody.. i was just wondering.. is it possible tu run a Mobile XP procesor on a desktop computer?.. if it is, what are the differences between a Mobile and a desktop proc. ?? do U need some special motherboard to do this?.. ok.. Thanx for reading.. and i hope to have an answer :D bye bye

the normal user or even someone who knows what they are doing wont notice a difference at stock speeds.....only difference in performance is when overclocked in which they are much faster than the desktop cpus.....and i will 2nd that u can use them on any destop amd athlonxp board.

BTW: Welcome to the club. :)

Hey man,

One thing to be careful about: Be sure you buy a Mobo that has the ability to set the Multi's. If you don't, you run a good chance of the board not recognizing the CPU and defaulting the speed to 600MHZ. This is one pitfall with the mobile processors. I know,, I just went through that. Additionally, if possible stay with a ATX standard form factor.

I went with the mini-ATX and it really limits your choices of boards that have the multi settings. Once I got through these avoidable hassles, I really llike my desktop/ Mobile CPU rig.

Athlon XP 2600+ Mobile @2.5 GHZ.

Edited by Lontek