Slk-948u Vs Thermalright Xp-90

slapnuts

I got a TT venous 12 it has 73 fins way to obsobe more heat harder to cool. But what you need a big heat sink unless you overclock. A regular cpu should be kept at 60C or lower. But does have a cool cpu make your cpu prefrom better then a hot one?

the key is optimization..73 fins is really dense and i mean you really need a blower at max speed to really ensure the air is blown throughout the whole surface area of the fins...that is why Thermalright and Swiftech's heatsinks are soo successful...they are optimised...designed in a way that, you dont really need a high flowing fan or a high pressure discharge fan to work...the fins or pins are designed to let air flow easily *for the case for Tr* or cause some minor turbulence to increase cooling *for the case for Swifties*

about the aluminium fans...you can mod them to fix onto an xp-120...just cut and file away those solid corners with a small saw and file :) seen it been done before

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

computerfreakxv .....what kind of temps you getting with your xp 90?

I don't have it yet. I just ordered from Newegg on Sunday. I should get it in on Wednesday, but then I have the minor problem of not having at CPU till they come back in stock on Friday at Monarchcomputer.com, (AMD Athlon 64 3500+ Winchester). As soon as I get my rig up and running I'll post temps.

i thought the Venus 12 fan can put out till about 71 cfm worth of air?? it has fan controller right??

lol slapnuts...why not you go for a Silverstone 120 mm, it comes along with a fan controller man..it may not look at cool as evercool aluminium fan and you still have to cut the flanges for the fan wire thingy for thermalright heatsinks..but it wont really hurt to cut it up :)

http://www.frozencpu.com/cgi-bin/frozencpu/fan-109.html

Edited by slayer2cool

lol slapnuts...why not you go for a Silverstone 120 mm, it comes along with a fan controller man..it may not look at cool as evercool aluminium fan and you still have to cut the flanges for the fan wire thingy for thermalright heatsinks..but it wont really hurt to cut it up

thats nice! ....but I decided on this one plus because its thermaltake I can use the exsisting fan controller thats already installed on my rig ...which is the same so less fuss

http://www.xoxide.com/thunderblade4.html

Edited by slapnuts

It is usally the manufactor that sells to newegg.com maybe they have not sold it for some reason. I got the venous 12 I did want to go and spend 60 dollars on fan cooling system when I don t really overclock. Everyone says TT is junck but when I tested fan it had a lot of air coming out you could fell it from 2 feet away I had the thing out of my case make sure it wasn t defective. But it is loud and make a humming nose at full rpm.