Slk-948u Vs Thermalright Xp-90

slapnuts

what the heck are you talking about, my case isnt vibrating, and my mobo still has all the caps.

urmm it was meant to be a joke lol and 119 cfm for a 120mm fan..not 92 mm :)

i went from stock hsf at 70C load to 32C load with sp-97 and 92mm tornado

but you changed your hsf to a sp-97..i mean the temps should drop..but if we just keep the heat sink the same and the fan is already blowing 70cfm worth of air into it...having 119 cfm worth of air wont really change much.. its all in the ambient temps man... i mean even my Jet 7 can cool my cpu at 12 cfm ... why? i believe the dead zone has something to do with it....

it is more then just cfm when it comes to cooling a hsf :P

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

45-55 or even 60 CFM is suficient for most heatsinks.. but if you got of those whos fins are paacked so tightly.. like those Tt ones your gona need a lot of air to see a large preformance increase. For example, the pipe thingy from Tt wil require 70cfm to be an amazing heatsink

I got a TT venous 12 it has 73 fins way to obsobe more heat harder to cool. But what you need a big heat sink unless you overclock. A regular cpu should be kept at 60C or lower. But does have a cool cpu make your cpu prefrom better then a hot one?

anything overheating is bad, decreases preformance and will die sooner :)

SOME people who DO NOT oc use aftermarket heatsinks sometimes because the stock one is too loud, or maybe beause teh conditions their comps are in? like if they have a really high ambient for sme reason.. and stock wont cut it.

Why does amd even put stock coolers in there processors? All stock coolers just to cool your cpu so it runs and does overheat not really for preformace. On new egg someone put the stock coolers is good heres it is.

Excellent chip! The cooling fan that comes with it is a beast. I'm O/C'ing it to 2.4gHz and it still hasn't broke a sweat.

:S1 wana rephrase that?

stock cooling, means the one that comes by default with the package.

and yes you can oc on stock cooling... I could have done 3- 3.76 on stock and be at 55 full load.. whcih was fine.

dang just realized the Evercool Aluminum 120mm Fan I mentioned earlier isn't compatible because they have solid corner supports without open flanges for the Thermalright clips to snap into ie....

http://www.silentpcreview.com/article186-page3.html

BTW the Panaflo 120mm U1A pushes 114.7 CFM at 45.5 dBA compared to the Vantec Tornado 92mm rated at 119 cfm at 56.2 dBA

Edited by slapnuts

We have all ready disscused about air cfm flow in this form. (From 70+ if you go higher it really does not make a difference maybe by 1-4 degress higher the cfm. But with 120mm are quite and thats avange of getting them.)

Well, I just got an XP-90 and the fan I chose for it was the Thermal Take 90mm UFO... It pushes almost as much as the 92mm Tornado.

It pushed over 80CFM of air at 45DBA and that it with the ridiculous looking grill on it. I have heard that the sound level dramatically drops if you take it off so we are looking at 80CFM of air at like 40DBA if you take off the grill.