Comp Temp

daniel

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

igot a evga fx 5600 256 mb

---------------------------------------------------EDIT---------------------------------------

But the prob is this...when the CPU is not working my case is at a "good" temp. But lets say i start to load COD the CPU reaches 60-65C and the system zone 2 gets over 50, and the alarm goes off..

The suggestions that i've received are

- New fan and heatsink

--Which im not gonna do

- Rearange cable

--Ill try to do this one... i dont know how the !@#$ u guys do it but ill try.

Ill accept any other suggestions which will help me have a more stable PC.

My Idea...

Use a coil to take air directly to the fan over the cpu's heatsink.

The prob here is that my case only has 3 slots for fans 2 on the back and one in the front.. and if i use the coil ill be using my unique fan which is taking air in.

So.. what do u guys recommned.. modding the case.... or just arrange the fan direction in a different form

Edited by daniel

round some cables , If you can't find sleeving or Heat wrap , Cut the cable up like it says and Zip tie them shut . THey dont look @ good but oh well.

Do you have a demeral or anything you could cut a another Fan hole. Like the top of your case ?

also for your coil idea, it would make the video card suffer because , the little air thats getting in your case would go Right to the cpu and the video would start getting hot.

You could also Reverse air flow in your computer by making the rear fans intake and the front fan outtake. Your CPu would be cooler and the video would maybe be a little cooler.

Also Try taking your side door off and see if that helps any.

also what size fan is your your heatsink right now. You could get just one tornado and use it for intake @ the front , and have the rear be outtake or , Use a tornado and another 80mm fan as intake and have the front one by outtake. ( if you do this put the tornado on top

You could also use the fan duct as I have pictured here. I had modded my case by cutting two holes on the top and put 2 80mm fans for exhaust (see Blowhole mod in the guide section) I still was having some issues with heat (AMD products are known to run hotter than Intel) So I went to my local computer hardware shop and the sales/service guy suggested the fan duct kit. Dropped my temps by almost 15 degrees immediately. I didnt't run it in the traditiionaly way because I have 3 Harddrives in there and not enough room to fit the duct, so I opted to use one of the upper fans, just reversing the flow from out to in.

System Specs:

Asus A7N8X deluxe E

AMD 3200+ (formerly 2600)

ATI Radeon 9200

40, 80 (IDE) and 160 (sata) HDDS

LG DVD/CDRW combo drive and LG DVD wriiter

Thermaltake Volcano 11- HSF (lapped)

Ceramique for the thermal paste.

Temps: 43 Idle 52 load

(formerly 38 Idle and 46 load with the 2600)

I need to do some more cable management yet, I had it done differently with the 2600, but I needed to increase my PSU from 350 to 450 when I got the 3200. Wouldn't boot up with all the HDDs etc. attached.

Edited by Saggitarius