Hksfv Error

asus

when i log into my domain asus.com, i get this error

hkSFV is not correctally installed (settings not found in regestry)

what is this.. and how do i fix it..

the reasion i put it under networking, is because i am logging into a domain on a network.. :)

Not sure what that is, but have you looked in Microsoft's technet? Usually has most errors and how to resolve them.

thanks.. i just figured it out.. it was a hex editor, and the regestry files were missing. .so i removed it.. and vullaya.. it works :) .. tahnks.. ahh.. well your here.. how would i limit group permitions.. i can creat a groop called limited in the active directory, and set it to global or local, and all i can see in this group i made, is to add another group into that.. i want to restrict things like.. moving things off the desktop, and installing thinks, and accessing the control pannle.. ect.. thanks ;)

that should be in the advanced section of the "User Accounts" section - the "options" will still be "there" but not fully accessable - meaning that the icons might be displayed but a non administrator user will not be able to operate those programs - a popup window will say something like 'current user does not have enough authority to access this function,..... access denied'

another way is to set up users, then go into their accounts through the documents and settings logged in as administrator and delete the icons manually, streamlining the

C:\Documents and Settings\$USER ACCOUNT$\Start Menu\Programs"

folder then go into each user account and manually make each folder "Private" thus eliminating users from prying into where they arent supposed to be

*edit*what OS are u using to set up your domain???

Moderation: Moved from Networking & Internet forum to Windows Operating System forum.

The Networking & Internet forum is a hardware forum. - More information about the Networking @ Internet forum can be found here. Please do not post non-hardware related topics in the hardware forums.