My Hdd Crashed For No Reason!

Vampire

Ok well today I went to a LAN and filled up my 200 gig SATA HDD (slave), it was all well and good until I came home and turned it on, windows loaded fine (cause it was on my 120gig HDD), but when I went into F: (the drive of the 200 gig), it said "The disk in drive F is not formatted... do you want to format it now?". I cant even access the drive now, I didnt change a thing! In bios is reads it normally and in windows its acting as thought I just put in a brand new drive. Whats going on?! I REALLY need the stuff on that drive its very important. I'm so angry and sad right now :(

Please help if you know anything I could do. I tried unplugging, re plugging, changing the jumpers etc, nothing worked.

Listen carefully to hear the drive spin up and do you feel it running when you put your hand on it?

If not the heads could be sticking to the platter.

I have got them to work again by shaking them (looking at the top and holding it at the end where the connections are quickly shake it left and right in a arc like your trying to spin the platters) and /or rap the top *not too hard* near the spindle with a medium plastic screwdriver handle.

Next thing is to decide if you want to rma or open it and try to unstick it yourselve.