Processor Age Kill Your Oc?

Im stuck at 2.7 now. I tried takin her up to 2.9 like I used to and it wasnt quite stable, would benchmark in sandra but not run 3dmark01, even upped the FSB to 1.575 and it was still no go. She still takes her old OC with the same old voltage. Just dont dont seem to want to go higher anymore. Think it might be on its way out? shes been running at 700mhz overclock for years now, but I been going easy on the voltage as you see, dont that count for anything :(

I've typically found that cpu's increase their overclockability as they age. My 2400+ was only good for about 2.25ghz when it was new, but in it's prime it was good for almost 2.4ghz. But I guess after a certain point it will go downhill again...maybe it's on the way out. But really, that voltage you run is very low...you could go a lot further if you went up to 1.65V or so.

What would the life expectancy be at 1.65? asssuming I can keep the temps in check.

*edit* How trust worthy is CPU-Z? I told my bios to run 1.65 but CPUZ is showing a maximum of about 1.62 and droop during prime 95 to a constant 1.584. Highest I can get stable with that setting is 2.943ghz Ug, darn soyo.

As long as you keep in cool, 1.65V should not hurt it's life expectancy too much. It should still last much longer than you'll ever actually use it.

I think that soyo is really hurting your overclocking, though...those vcore readings are probably right, and the board just isn't putting out consistant numbers.