I Guess It's Through.

Hey...for the last week or so...my apps have been quite slow lately...and now my machine has been restarting under load. so i decided to check my temps right after the restart and they were fine, but i noted that the +3.3 rail was an amazing 2.92v!!! I guess that's my problem.

my other rails were fine, but that one's just really stickin out at me.

i guess it's time for a new power suppply...i've had this 400w for about a year.

Wow...yeah, I think a new PSU is in order. You did double check that reading with a multimeter, though, right? If not, you should just to make sure it's being read correctly.

Lol, I once had a generic 400W psu that had 13V on the +12V rail...I feel your pain, man. :blink:

I would seriously recommend testing your voltages with a digital multimeter. You can pick one up at radio shack for only 20 bucks. Software monitoring programs like MBM5 and/or BIOS readings aren't really that accurate. For example, when I used MBM5 to check my voltages MBM5 gave me a reading of about 11.6v on my 12v rail (keep in mind I am using a Antec True Power 480watt PSU). However after using two different digital multimeters, they both reported around 11.96v for the 12v rail. Hmmm, I wonder which one I should trust more? Thats a no-brainer obviously. A digital multimeter is well worth the small investment.

no, but i'm having problems with it. i know that it's the power supply. i just switched an old one i had in my closet (only 300w) and it was fine.

so what's a good psu (at least 400w) for about $50 or so?

found this one:

http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproductdesc....-148-008&DEPA=0

looks nice....and has good reviews (only 2 4/5s because they had to cut a little piece out of their case)

Edited by airman

Back to the subject, it sounds like you do have a PSU problem but I would rather verify that it is with a digital multimeter.

If you need a good PSU for under $50, I would look into this one. I did a review for a similarly built unit located here. The nice thing about the Tagan is that it has active PFC for higher efficency. The heatsinks/inductors/capacitors aren't too bad either.

Edited by lilkev715