Benchmark Results..

bigkeke

Hi!

I have a problem... I used to have +- 8000 to 9000 points on madonion 2001 SE, and I recently bougth 512Mb 333Mhz to replace my 2x256 266Mhz.. And my results droped to half of I was used to have.. around 4000 with and without AA :/ I've also bought a new monitor.. can it be responsible for my score?

My pc specs are

Asus A7V 333 w/ RAID

AMD XP 1700

512Mb 333Mhz 2.5cs

GeForce4 4200 64Mb

Creative Live! platinum w/ DriveIR

DVD Asus 8x

Samsung 32x10x40

Maxtor 80Gb 7200rpms 133

Vulcano9 :)

Samtron 96BDF 19"

By the way I also think that my "good" results were kinda low..

you may want to try running the benchmarks again. I cant think of anything that would make them drop that much. What resolution were you running on both tests? It shouldnt make that big of a diffrence but it might be part of the problem.

Someone correct me if Im wrong but wouldnt having 1 333 512 chip doing the same job as 2 266 chips be slightly slower? That to me makes logical since. Still I dont know why you would be getting such a big diffrence in score. Did you change anything else?

1. Did your MB detect the change in the Ram properly?

2. You have a better MB than I do, and mine requirese setting the Ram speed from SPD, HCLK, HCLK+33 (266), and HCLK+66 (333 I think).

3. Then check you startup text when its running the RAM test (hit pause to keep it on the screen, then any key to resume) to double check it.

4. Turn of Fastboot?

Just some ideas, I'm no expert. This is stuff my MB would have done if I had not checked it thouroughly.