AMD vs. Intel

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no you miss understand im not raging on amd ive used them and dont see any performance increase compared to a older intel but yes people are raging on intel i just want to know why, in the long run they will both fight there own and no amd will not surpass intel and not intel will surpass amd no mater what anyone says they will be equal

I foresee a merging of these postsin into the amd vs. intel thread.

yep.. it should have migrated to there just after the original question was answered

no you miss understand im not raging on amd ive used them and dont see any performance increase compared to a older intel but yes people are raging on intel i just want to know why, in the long run they will both fight there own and no amd will not surpass intel and not intel will surpass amd no mater what anyone says they will be equal

not really for anyone to say what will happen in the future. Plus writing your posts as one long sentance makes them really hard to read.. sorry..

How do we benchmark folding at home with the same WU?

That's what I was wondering. Should we report on how long a certain one takes? What should we do about the HT machines? If they run one instance to check raw speed, that's a loss of productivity.

I think ppl are raging on intel a bit at the moment becuase of all the socket changes and plans they have introduced recently. Plus ppl are a bit annoyed at the fact the prescott hasn't been quite what it was cracked up to be yet.

My god people... LEARN TO TYPE! Simple English would make this all so much easier to read. None of this run on sentence crud with no punctuation, or taking shortcuts by using "r" instead of "are". Really, it's not that hard to type two more letters. As for the topic starter, I think you are being pretty close-minded in your assessment of both AMDs processors, as well as the biases of those members on this forum. Please see AMD vs Intel thread.

In the future, please take a moment to look over what you are about to post. Also, one more quick 4th grade reminder: there is a difference between "your" and "you're", as well as "there" and "their".

Edited by sandman1485

your right its not the first cpu but its the first of its smaller core and for the soket same thing its a firts time deal you cant expect it to be perfect right at first

sand man if you dont like the way we type go 2 another topic

Edited by confuzzedintelguy