AMD vs. Intel

memory is that the only thing that makes amd better thats what your gana go by what about ever thing els amds run hot while northwood only run hot when oc intel has thermal throttleing witch prevents the chip fro over heating amd will just blow out heres what im sayin im mad cuz every one is hateing on intel when the have a more well rounded cpu when amd dont

Have you heard of Prescott :P

Intel uses pure speed to keep up with AMD. AMD chips are more efficient, therefore don't need to run at nearly the speed to keep up with Intel. The Athlon 64 is a very powerful chip, it runs no hotter than Northwood, it has Thermal Throttling, and it's64-bit.

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

put it this way, who in their right mind would say a celleron (100x4fsb) at 2.8ghz would match a p4 (200x4fsb) 2.8ghz?

no one would ever compare the two 100x4=400 200x4=800

isn't a celeron 2.8 just a P4 with half the cache? (i don't actually know or even care that much, but have a feeling it might be)

AMD chips will take quite a bit of heat before they die. When I built my first Athlon rig, I accidentally forgot to put the heatsink on :ph34r: . The chip was fine, even after being on for ~20 seconds. As long as there's a heatsink on it, trhe chip won't fry. That was a Thunderbird btw :blink:

Anyway.. there is a whole Intel Vs Amd thread for this kind of junk. I would suggest taking your opinions there if you just want to argue a point.. you started off with a question which I thought was adequately answered and thats that basically.

Anyone who treats either chips sensibly is not going to blow it up though are they.. and yes I know the xp's can blow up alot more easily.. and the intels basically not at all. But you will still be hard pressed to blow up a chip without doing something seriously wrong.

I am disgusted when people say AMD's run hot and Intels run cool. that is bull**** I have said it before in other threads and I will say it again in this one. every Intel I have ran across has ran hotter than all my AMD's. and confuzzedintelguy you said everyone is hating on intel. not everyone hates on intel. I don't hate on intel they make good chips great for folding. I like both Intel and AMD they are both good chips the AMD's are less clock speed but have shorter pipelines and are more efficient. Intels have higher clock speeds but longer pipelines so they are not quite as efficient. In the end they both are about equal. you say everyone is hating on intel. sounds more like you are hating on AMD's.