Installed New Mobo

Cenobite

Hi

I've just replaced my old motherboard with a MSI K7N2 Delta ILSR and come accross a few problems.

Should I connect the 12V 4-socket pin to the board as there a socket for it (even though it is a Socket A board)

My processor is no longer recognised a Barton (both in Windows and BIOS) and before I upgraded the BIOS it thought the processor was 1Gb Duron :huh:

And finally when I run 3DMark03 the system will freeze on the CPU tests (either the plane test or the troll test)

(Didn't know if this belonged in the Mobo section or General Hardware because there are some CPU questions, so sorry if it's in the wrong section)

TIA for any help :D

Edited by Cenobite

Yes...plug in the plug.... very important...

what is the new mobo? did you reinstall the OS???

update bios... clear cmos?

(the plug should take care of instabilities...)

Sorry, I missed out the word 'with' a K7N2 Delta...

The K7N2 Delta is the new motherboard and yes I did a clean install. BIOS is also updated to latest version (Pheonix ver7.7)

It's still crashing on 3DMark with the plug in and the jumper is set to Auto, though in BIOS I have changed the Bus speed to 166MHz

weird is youer sound card compatible with 3dmar mine isn't it crashed until I turned of the card

Yeah, when I had the old mobo (a Matsonic MS8147C+) 3Dmark ran fine :huh:

I've just run PCMark04 and that ran fine with no crashes or hangs (my score was 2491 btw)

Reinstall video drivers and check everything.

I dont think it's a GFX driver problem because I can run the Demo in 3Dmark no problem and it runs the first four test fine, it just crashes out on the CPU tests

try the SysCrusher bios because it's better (more options, more voltages, etc)

maybe try resetting the cmos (disconnect the power cord first), make sure jumpers J10 and J11 are in positions 1&2 and "short" respectively... set system performance to "manual" in the bios...

see how you go with that and then come back on and say how it went...

(i got the Delta-L which is essentially the same board minus a few optional extras)

OK, reset CMOS, but still the same. Don't really want to go messing with the BIOS yet as the board is less than a week old!

Had a thought though, my friend is having the same problem with 3DMark and he has just bought a new mobo (ASUS A7N8X-E Deluxe) and has almost the same setup as me (except for a Radeon 9800 Pro). The thing is he bought himself a new PSU and got one for me at the same time: a Q-Tec 500W Big Fan Low Noise PFC. Now I've been reading some bad reviews on these and wondered if these could be a factor in our systems crashing on the CPU tests of 3DMark03?

Edited by Cenobite