Ati X800 Pro - Msi Pt880 - 3dmark 2003

I just picked up an ATI X800 pro and I cant get it to finish the benchmark. It seems to run great, then halfway thru it just stops...no lockups, just back to desktop. Mobo MSI PT880 Neo, P4 2.8 Presscott, 1 gig 2X512 Corsair XMS DDR 4000...I was replacing a Geforce 5900 flashed to 5950 ultra. It completes the test just fine. I even put an ATI 9800Pro AIW in the same machine...again no problems finishing the benchmark. My brother, who has an MSI Neo board, AMD 64 and the same X800, same ram...completes the test also. Is there some kind of compatibility problems or patches for my P4 that I need to run that bench? Hopefully this week, Ill have time to swap cards with my bro to make sure that card isnt bad....I am getting 19500 in 3dmark 2001....thats what makes me think the card is ok....any tips or help would be appreciated.

try running driver cleaner 3 to get rid of all the nvidia and ati dlls and drivers, then run the built in cab cleaner. Make sure you follow the supplied instuctions exactly or it wont work! Its free on the internet :google:

After your system is completely clean reinstall catalyst 4.5.

P.s. if u cant get it to work ill trade u my 9800 pro. I wont even charge you the difference. :P

Completely reinstalled Windows, latest MSI mobo PT880 drivers, latest ATI 4.5 catalyst driver......service pack 1, all updates, etc -still NO GO on 3dmark 2003

Edited by permastake

Good point......my brother is running a cheap 350watt with his amd64 and X800, I have an antec True power 430 W, but its possible my PS is faulty......Im gonna have him try my card this afternoon first, and if that works ok, first chance I get Ill swap out the PS.