What Is A Good Water Cooling System?

I am looking for a water cooling system (prefferably CPU and case) that is not the highest end, but not lowest. Something modest, but not crap. Cheap, but not cheap. So what would you guys and gals reccomend?

Wow Deja vu!

Use the Search function as this has been discussed many times...

but I recommend a custom made system... cheaper and better than most if not all kits...

I (and many others) custom built mine....

Whitewater block from Dtek (get the solid not NOT the Lucite as they 'can' crack)

Hydor L30 or Eheim 1250 pump

Homemade res using 2" or 2.5" PVC pipe

1/2"ID 3/4" OD tubing from the hardware store

Chevette or similar heater core (or the DD or Dtek heater cores if you don't want to mod it yourself)

a little time and effort

How much is cheap, give us a price figure you are shooting for. You can build a kit for any price (within reason), it just depends on how much "custom" work you want to put in it.

Good point.... its kind of like a very old saying for race cars and motorcycles....

"How fast can you afford to go?"

How cold can you afford your system to be? (is that even in English? :P

My system cost about $150 or so.... and it is the one listed above

part of the fun is the research...but I bought the block from Dtek...

The parts for the reservoir from Lowes

the heater core (the chevette is common, I am using a Pontiac Boneville) from Autozone....

if you don't want to mod it (you need to be comfortable soldering(with a blow torch) barbs into the core) then both Dtek and Danger den have heater cores for sale...

tubing from Lowes...

made my own relay (pump turns on and off with the computer) with parts from radio Shack...

Pump from Dtek....

start searchng through google and you will find quite a bit... I researched for quite some time before I built mine......