Windows Media Player 9 Help Please.

RobMaster

Hey Guy's,

I have Windows media player nine, on xp pro, however i want to remove the sample, and other stuff off the playlist, how do i do it?

thanks!

highlight the item to be deleted, then either right-click and chose delete from the pop-up menu, or with the selection highlighted, hit the big red "X" near the top of the window. Do this from 'Media Library.'

Edited by a rabbit

If media player is set to monitor folders, then it simply adds the playlists etc.

back into the player unless you actually delete the files off the computer.

go into Tools/options/media library/monitor folders (button) and get rid of any folders you don't to be monitored.

It's nice that media player tries to make your life easier with this, but it just gets on my nerves personally.

edit: also..homer - is there a particular reason you want to uninstall? Its often extremely hard to get rid of things that are integrated in to windows such as mplayer (i seem to remember a bad experience with dx9 that required a fresh windows). If you set a restore point (the installer will do this for you), then you can just roll back, otherwise i would just leave it..unless you want things to get messy.

Edited by jammin

Don't know if this will help, but to keep the WMP from adding deleted files back in, go to: Tools- Options -Media Library- check box that says "delete item from your computer when deleting from Media Library". When you download WMP, this box is unchecked by default.

Well, i finally got rid of it. For anyone wanting to know how to restore WMP 10 to WMP 9 this is what i did. Installed XPlite, removed WMP through there, restarted in safe mode with command prompt, deleted all the subdirectories and dll's from program files\windows media player. I couldnt delete them in normal windows, that why i used safe mode. Then restarted and deleted the directory. Then reinstalled WMP 9 and everything is great again :D

Well, i finally got rid of it. For anyone wanting to know how to restore WMP 10 to WMP 9 this is what i did. Installed XPlite, removed WMP through there, restarted in safe mode with command prompt, deleted all the subdirectories and dll's from program files\windows media player. I couldnt delete them in normal windows, that why i used safe mode. Then restarted and deleted the directory. Then reinstalled WMP 9 and everything is great again :D

Maybe the wrong thread to ask this, but why don't you like WMP10? Good info to have since I'm a sucker for upgrades.