Surround Sound Problems

Billabond1

Ok, i just bought the logitech z-640 speakers.

I have the Abit An7 mobo.

I think i have everything pluged in properly but i am having some problems.

The left rear speaker is playing what the center speaker should. The Center speaker is playing what the left rear speaker should.

And the right rear speaker, i am not sure what that is playing.

The two front speakers are working properly i think, and i believe the sub is working properly.

I do not think it is the speakers because all of the speakers have made noise.

What could this be, please help me asap

thanks

Yea, some Logitech Z640s, like mine, are wired wrong. Switch the black and the orange connectors on your mobo. (Black speaker to orange connector, and orange speaker to black connector.)

All will be fine.

Then, in the SoundStorm panel thing, turn "Create Center Channel" on and turn "Create LFE Channel" on. It'll be great.

The exact same thing happened to me when i plugged my z-640's into my abit ic7 max3, the sound was wrong, simply changing the black and orange connectors around fixed my problem, didnt have to do anything else :)

It took me a good 20 mins to figure out to swap the connectors over, I was messing with sound settings till I figured it out :P

Edited by Vampire

I had a similar problem with my Altec Lansing 251 (the center played the sub :huh: ) the connectors were ok. I used a program called NvSwap to fix it.

Edited by tarkins