Built By Ati 9800pro 128mb

compudude2007

3 simple letters. RMA :)

btw compusa cut out the tap plan the way it used to work. now I don't understand why in god's name anyone would get it. you now have to send the card over to the FST who checks it out, and replaces at thier discression. funny but why spend $35 to cover a card for 2 years, when the card maker's warrenty is 3 years and is part of the price you paid for the card to begin with? my source for them dried up on december 31st of last year anyhow. they implemented this idiotic policy.

besides, it's always nice to have spare cards. like right now, I'm forced to pull ye old 9500 pro off the shelf for use in one of my systems, at the same time one of my trusty old ti4600 cards took a big old steaming crap on me, all while I'm working on piecing together yet another rig (still needs ram, video, optical drives, case and a purpose besides being bored). so one more card, especially for that price can't hurt.

but anyhow it's just like I said, worst case is I call up ati and get them to replace it. might as well add it to the rma I already have going back to them for a 9800 pro aiw where the shaft on the fan broke... killing a brand new card.

update :( yup card is bad. why? looks like jelly spilled on the back side of it, right across the SN. gonna take some creative engineering to get this one rma'd

Edited by bigred