bios flash rx 470 is a problem?

mihgeo

Hello guys, i want to modified bios(RX 470) with Polaris bios editor ""only value fan + gpu clock"",but i read in many sites Windows not know modified singnature...after flash bios every time need to use (when instaled new driver)Pixel Clock Patcher,Without patch your card will have error 43
So is a way to not have this error with bios modified?or only this error is from UEFI i have OS instaled in legacy mod?

My only issues that came with a modified bios was the AMD drivers wouldn't install. My work around was to just change those tables and nothing else. Reflash the card with the edits and it worked. Only when I changed all the values did it give me that problem.

My experience with the RX 470 / 570 BIOS editing is limited so I'm not much help.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@ir_cow

hello again and thank you!i have new question,bizare question...

my pc: Cpu i5 3570,motherboard 1155 h61,8 ram ddr3,:asus strix rx 470 with 8vram,power supply: fsp hexa 85+ 650w.

The video card has the default frequencies = 1250 Gpu and 1650 Vram,
I have the same score in benchmark, but also in games (in the same area) and if I put underclock at 1200mhz and if I put overclock at 1435mhz ...
What I noticed:

If I increase the frequency, the Gpu lowers my fps.
If make undervolt (default frequency), my fps will increase slightly.
the temperature does not exceed 70C
What do you think it could be?

Edited by mihgeo

Well if you decrease the stock frequency this will lower the FPS. If you overclock too far, it will introduce errors and lower the FPS (or crash). Most 470, 480 top out around 1350mhz. 570, 580 1400mhz and 590 1650mhz.

When you undervolt, my best guess is the temperature goes down, which gives a overall higher boost clock speed.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/1/2020 at 4:33 PM, ir_cow said:

I don't know for sure if will be okay, but the fan RPM will surely be different. Only one way to find out. Flash it. If the fans don't work, flash it back.

My buddy's pc seems having the same issue. It got RX 470 modified bios as well. I'll come over tomorrow to help him install the headache rack and on his truck. We'll try to flash it and see if it will make a difference.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/2/2020 at 6:00 PM, HenryZ51 said:

My buddy's pc seems having the same issue. It got RX 470 modified bios as well. I'll come over tomorrow to help him install the headache rack and on his truck. We'll try to flash it and see if it will make a difference.

How is your pc now? Is it work? I want to ask for my nephew because he is planning to do the same thing as you

• 2 months later...
On 1/14/2020 at 10:41 PM, ir_cow said:

Well if you decrease the stock frequency this will lower the FPS. If you overclock too far, it will introduce errors and lower the FPS (or crash). Most 470, 480 top out around 1350mhz. 570, 580 1400mhz and 590 1650mhz.

When you undervolt, my best guess is the temperature goes down, which gives a overall higher boost clock speed.

Many thanks for that complete information!