Extending WiFi network

Orian

Well long story short, I need to extend my WiFi range by say 100m.

I can't use ethernet as I'm trying to extend my network across the street to a place with no internet access.

Would one of those booster-repeater things work from my understanding I can plug it in and connect to my wireless network with them.

Am I on the right track or am I barking up the wrong tree

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

I live in a cul-de-sac I've got a router that has a 300m range it reaches to the end of the cul-de-sac my friend lives just across the road which is just out of my network, so I think I need a booster/ repeater

Access Point would be my recommendation, they come in different price ranges depending on what you want.     https://engenius.factoryoutletstore.com/details/494561/engenius-ens620ext.html?category_id=30439&catalogitemid=449928
I'm assuming that the access point are wireless no need to plug an ethernet cable in to connect to my network from my friends

Just a thought what would the speed be like in my friends, for example would I be able to watch Netflix or YouTube in my phone at my friends like I can do at home no buffering etc as I never have mobile data

Please read the technical features for the wireless AP in the link posted above for EnGenius EnTurbo ENS620EXT Wireless AP.

The EnTurbo is top of the line unit, utilizes the 2x2 MU-MIMO, and Beamforming technology to maximize performance. You can download Factory information also, User Manual, More Technical Features, and read the Quick Start Guide provided in the link. 

This should give you an idea how they work, answer any questions you have about buffering, speeds,...

Edited by Braegnok
  • Like 1

Please read the technical features for the wireless AP in the link posted above for EnGenius EnTurbo ENS620EXT Wireless AP.
The EnTurbo is top of the line unit, utilizes the 2x2 MU-MIMO, and Beamforming technology to maximize performance. You can download Factory information also, User Manual, More Technical Features, and read the Quick Start Guide provided in the link. 
This should give you an idea how they work, answer any questions you have about buffering, speeds,...
Thanks pal I just skimmed the link yesterday will have a good root though the link and see what it's like.

On a side note it's really nice to see that after a period of 10years the quality of the help you all provided is still top notch.

I'd like to take a moment to thank everyone on here for all the time they put in to help us all out [emoji2]

Wireless repeaters/extenders are a great quick-fix solution to a lot of smaller households with low WIFI usage/devices but, considering the loss of performance and potential speed drops and network loss,.. the Wireless Access Points are the way to go being able to outperform the wireless repeaters in many ways, especially if you want to watch Netflix or use it for gaming, or even just watching your smart TV in the shed, or across the street at a friends, due to the very minimal loss of performance and receiving maximum speed. Also, being able to have a single wireless name across the entire wireless range allows for a more clean and user friendly environment.

Be sure to shop around and compare features/prices and confirm what's best for your application before buying.  :cheers:   

• Like 1