3 replies to this topic

#1 ClayMeow

ClayMeow

Member Title Exceeds Member Title Character Limit

• Review Editor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19463 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 08:38 AM

Blizzard has announced that cross-platform play will be coming to its critically acclaimed, award-winning, mega-hit Overwatch by the end of the month, allowing PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One gamers to play together for the first time. In order to not disrupt the current competitive season, cross-platform play will only exist for Quick Play, Arcade, and Custom games when it launches, but will come to competitive mode when Season 5 kicks off.

"Blizzard Entertainment has always been a PC games company first and foremost," explained Game Director Jeff Kaplan. "By implementing cross-platform play, our console players will see first-hand just how inferior they are to their PC counterparts. There will be no aim-assist for controller users; no handicaps." It's generally known that keyboard-and-mouse provides greater accuracy and response times compared to gamepads, which is why developers tend to shy away from cross-platform play in competitive shooters, but it sounds like Blizzard no longer cares about hurting the egos of console gamers.

To go alongside the launch of cross-platform play, Competitive Season 5 will introduce a new rank below Bronze called 'Scrub', which Kaplan "fully expect[s] will be the majority of console gamers."

Overwatch will be celebrating its one-year anniversary next month.

Source: Press Release

Back to original news post

#2 WhenKittensATK

WhenKittensATK

Melting pot of friendship

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8236 posts

Posted 02 April 2017 - 11:39 AM

Why do you have to play with my emotions? I went to share the news, then I didn't see the original source link  :doh:

Edited by WhenKittensATK, 02 April 2017 - 11:40 AM.

Gaming Rig || Intel i7 3770K || Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 || G.Skill 8GB || MSI GTX 1070 || Corsair TX750 V2 ||

Peripherals || ASUS PG279Q || Corsair Vengeance K90 || Logitech G700s || Blue Snowball ||

Audio Gear || Schiit Bitfrost 4490 || Schiit Lyr 2 || Sennheiser HD6XX || Monoprice 605500 ||

NAS || Intel Xeon E3-1275 v5 || Supermicro X11SSH-LN4F || Samsung 16 GB ECC RAM || SeaSonic X-Series 750W || 54 TB Raw Storage ||

#3 bp9801

bp9801

Please press any key to continue

• Senior Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11274 posts

Posted 02 April 2017 - 05:04 PM

Why do you have to play with my emotions? I went to share the news, then I didn't see the original source link  :doh:

Why it pays to check the date. :lol:

Intel Core i5 4690K - ASUS Z97-A - EVGA GTX 770 2GB
Mushkin Ridgeback 16GB DDR3-2133 - Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD - Seagate 750GB + 2TB - WD 1TB - Cooler Master SPH 1050W
ASUS Xonar Xense + Sennheiser PC-350 Xense Edition + Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 - Sapphire Vapor-X CPU Cooler - Cooler Master HAF XM

Follow OCC on facebook.png
KPMA7MM.png

#4 ClayMeow

ClayMeow

Member Title Exceeds Member Title Character Limit

• Review Editor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19463 posts

Posted 02 April 2017 - 06:18 PM

¯\_(?)_/¯

Reply to this topic