Opinions on new gaming build?

AllYourF0rt

I don't think so.  There's been countless reviews showing that even the strongest cards don't use more than a x8 slot. so 2 x8 slots would be 16, leaving 4 for your m.2. I would have went with the newer technology z170 board myself (and cheaper), but I'm sure the x99 will be fine as well.

Edited by Fight Game

Dang it I could have saved 200 bucks. Too late. It will still be fast. Should I be able to get a 4 GHz oc on the Noctua? I just ordered the last bit of stuff(for now) Asus PB287q and EVGA 980 ti Classified. I'm thinking it should be able to run Diablo 3 and Team Fortress 2 4K vsync locked at 60 fps.

Edited by AllYourF0rt

I'm so excited I can hardly contain myself I haven't played Diablo 3 in 4 months. So I got most of the parts in yesterday. Everything is top quality for sure. I especially like the PSU it's built like a tank. I can't believe how small the 950 Pro is! Technology is amazing. I sized up the Noctua to the motherboard there is what looks like 1\2 to 3\4 inch from the top pcie slot. Once I get the vid card and monitor in on Tuesday I'll assemble and see how it goes. I kinda had a scare yesterday. I decided to look how to install Windows 10 to the Samsung 950 Pro(just to be prepared for when I build it on Tuesday) I was worried that my bios rev wasn't new enough I found out it is 2.10! It's a go.

Edited by AllYourF0rt

Got it all slapped together! It's super fast! These DT 990 600 Ohm are amazing. Cinebench R15 results 157.58 fps OpenGl, CPU 1072 CB. I haven't overclocked anything.

Edited by AllYourF0rt