Consolidation Build

CanadaGUY

Recently decided, to take my NAS build offline (in favour of a smaller, much, much more low power consumer product. NAS doesn't do much other then backup). So I'm left with a whole set of extra parts, and I'm trying to decide what route to go with in getting the best builds I can for the 2 computers that I actually still need. 

Pretty much settled on my parts, just need some help decided what to do with all my extra parts for my wife's computer (mild gaming, WoW, Diablo 3, SC2 and office apps) going to be selling off all excess parts to fund the video card for her system (Currently using the A10-6790K APU).

Build 1 - Personal Computer 

CPU: Intel i5-4670k

Mobo:  GA-H97M-D3H

GPU: Sapphire 7870

RAM: 16GB DDR3 @ 800mhz

HDD: 128GB Kingston SSD

HDD2: 240GB Seagate SSD x2

Build 2 - Wife's Computer 

CPU:

MOBO: 
GPU:
HDD: 240GB OCZ SSD

RAM: 8GB DDR3 @ 666mhz

Available Parts

AMD A10-6790k (CPU)

Gigabyte F2A88XN-WIFI (Mobo)
Celeron G1840 (CPU)
GA-Z87N-WIFI (Mobo)

Intel i5-2500 (CPU)

Bunch of shitty, Acer/HP mobo's for the i5-2500s

Budget: $200-250 **CDN** (Based on selling off all available parts) 

Regards,

Jesse

Actually decided to just grab a video card for her machine instead of swapping things around and complicating things. Now to search for the best thing I can get used/new for $100-150 CDN.

Only problem is now our Canadian dollar isn't worth dick. In the U.S. you can get a 970 for $300, here we pay $430 to $475 and after taxes it's about $525. The cheapest used one I can find around here is $350.

Actually decided to just grab a video card for her machine instead of swapping things around and complicating things. Now to search for the best thing I can get used/new for $100-150 CDN.

Only problem is now our Canadian dollar isn't worth dick. In the U.S. you can get a 970 for $300, here we pay $430 to $475 and after taxes it's about $525. The cheapest used one I can find around here is $350.

Amen to that. Although, I've been seeing some used ones that I might go with. r9 270X for $100. 

The only decent new boards for the 2500 is an asrock, there are some cheaper ones that will do you as you won't be oc'ing , the 2500 is still a great cpu even at stock. The selection of new 1155 mb's are scarce, unless you can find a good used one.