Mem or Mobo?

Hello everyone,

I've got a problem maybe someone could assist me with. Ive just Installed a new mobo and cpu into my case and the old was giving me the same issue. Im thinking its the memory but i need a second person to tell me what im not doing correct or what isn't correct. Im not sure wiether its with the mobo or mem.

Ive got 2x 8gb sticks of corsair vengenace pro 1866mhz ram. , totaling to 16gb of total system mem. The problem is the the system keeps freezing up after post or on my way into windows,for the install of the OS. Everything in or on the system is completely new, as its a new build.Im using windows 8. Ive sent the memory off to a company to check and see if they were bad. The returned with no issues given.

Is there a setting in the bios ive overlooked?The board has a led to indicate ram issues and it comes on during post but goes off,Should this even be showing even if there isnt a issue?  Btw , nothing on the system is OC'ed. Everything is Factory settings. The motherboard is a Asus Crossblade ranger. Never Flashed Bios as its fresh out the box. Thanx in advance.

Opps sorry forgot to add all this

Case: Corsair Graphite 760T

Mobo: Asus Crossblade Ranger

CPU: AMD 7860K

Mem: Corsair Vengance Pro 16GB(8gbx2) 1866MHz

VGA: EVGA Geforce 970 FTW

HDD: Sandisk Extreme Pro 240gb SSD

PSU: Corsair RM750i

The PSU is brand new from amazon.Ive been through 2 parts of each thing except mem.

Im set into believe its my mem , even though they sent it back saying its fine. As ive tested each stick on each slot and only one of them causes the freezing. No matter which slot i put it in.

Now that ive got my thoughts about im debating on weither or not i should send back the new mobo and CPU i got, because if it's just the memory then the purchase is invalid. but at this rate i didnt have a choice, having no where to go and test things at a friends place or whatever. Im currently overseas in japan. So not so many resources. I just have to get this issue worked out or my wife is going to strangle me xD.

Do you believe even though i purchased a new crossblade ranger i should stick with it, over my F2A85V Pro? or just return it and exchange for some new mem sticks?

Thanx Again.

Did you run memtest86 on the ram yourself ? That should tell you if one of the sticks are bad, run 1 stick at a time and then run both at once. If you get errors with both sticks in it could be the memory slots on the mb.  Memtest will run at boot so you don't even load windows.

i didn't run a memtest86 test myself. i just dled the prog and ill try it later on when im home.

As far as the sticks go, as ive said. i ran all sticks one by one and in pair in each individual slot. i dont think the slots are bad at this point because as i said i purchased another board to test with and it does the exact same thing.

The issue appears as i get to the login screen in win8 , if i use the one stick i know is good it shows no signs of failure. However the other stick is faultly no matter which slot i use,or which paired configuration i choose.

I'll again. try this and see what all happens.

i didn't run a memtest86 test myself. i just dled the prog and ill try it later on when im home.

As far as the sticks go, as ive said. i ran all sticks one by one and in pair in each individual slot. i dont think the slots are bad at this point because as i said i purchased another board to test with and it does the exact same thing.

The issue appears as i get to the login screen in win8 , if i use the one stick i know is good it shows no signs of failure. However the other stick is faultly no matter which slot i use,or which paired configuration i choose.

I'll again. try this and see what all happens.

Wait so it never fails with the one, but does with the other? Doesn't that pretty much clarify the issue for ya? :P