Lapping Results

red930

Unless you HS was in really bad shape (lines and scratches) you will not see a significant decrease of temps, as for AS5 i've heard it took a while to settle i prefer ceramique myself that stuff drops my temps down 3deg.C i clean and reapply it every month ;)

Edited by kobalt

Unless you HS was in really bad shape (lines and scratches) you will not see a significant decrease of temps, as for AS5 i've heard it took a while to settle i prefer ceramique myself that stuff drops my temps down 3deg.C i clean and reapply it every month ;)

That sounds like a waste of time/money. You're able to put it on and leave it until you want to upgrade.. :ph34r:

Guest Arauthator

I just put mine on last wednesday. I came home today and looked at my Idle temp. A rocking 27C. LOL, I 've been at 37C all week. It's running 38C under load today. Hope it stays that way.

Edited by Arauthator

That sounds like a waste of time/money. You're able to put it on and leave it until you want to upgrade.. :ph34r:

Not really, i have to take it apart (the whole case ) for clean up fans etc. and it's acrylic, so i repaste the HS every time it gives me something to do. Money !!! loll how much does AS ceramique cost where you are :D

Edited by kobalt

How soon do you see results from lapping (artic silver5). going on 20 hours and same temps..... ?

sometimes lapping makes no difference at all... sometimes it makes a big difference. On my old Volcano 9, I saved 2c... on my slk-800 there was no difference..

thermal paste can take quite a bit of time to set....

Yeah... website did say up to 200hrs. but thought temps would have been noticeable from the start. Oh well, guess i'll just sit back and wait.

I did use a smaller amt of artic silver since I lapped it (no more valleys). So, guess im a little skeptical.