Need for Speed (2015)

bp9801

Looks good, especially that Ken Block recreation!

I'm hesitant on purchasing anything from EA games. Not as bad as Ubisoft these days but close enough. Can't help getting pissed seeing all this nickle and diming the consumer for DLC, in game purchases etc. Especially in a damn race car game.

Edited by blacksails23

You could at least have used something a little more recent explaining the always-online thing. Basically a way to make it a reactive experience to the gamer, share screenshots, track yours and your friends' progress. Stuff like that. Stuff that not everyone will find appealing/necessary in a game.

Still always online, so my point still stands.

EA games are terrible anyway (imo), so no hair growing out of my nose while people complain, that is for sure.

EA I've given up on.

Ubisoft is getting there with Uplay...

Ubisoft for me because of Uplay. Nothing quite like wanting to play a game and waiting for Uplay to update at a slow speed regardless of your connection, then to check for an update again, and then you have to tell it what game to play yet again.

Origin I've never had an issue with, and at times it works better (and faster) than Steam, everyone's favorite little piece of DRM.

EA's better than what they use to be, even with the online requirement in some of the games. Any game from Ubisoft I have to seriously consider if it's worth the pain, hassle, and map so full of icons you can barely find anything (Far Cry 4, for example). EA I've yet to have any major issue with, especially since I didn't buy the recent SimCity. :lol: Cities: Skylines is well on its way to surpassing it as the go-to city builder, imo.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

The PC version launches next Thursday, bringing with it a ton of improvements. 4K visuals, manual shifting, steering wheel support, unlocked framerate, and more.

The manual shifting arrives today for the console versions, as does Drag Racing, two new Hot Rods, and (soon) an expanded garage.