Can I Do It ?

Shadowfactor

Yeah, sounds like it is locked. Do you know how to unlock it ? If you don't want to unlock it just raise your FSB.  B)  You can also try tightening your MEM timings a little.

MEM ??you mean memory

I have them set at 8,3,3,2 when Overclocking otherwise 4,3,3,2

How do I unlock it ?

Edited by Shadowfactor

You wouldn't want a multiplier of 20x even if your could. Generally speaking, mutliplier increases don't help as much as pumping up the fsb. However, don't lower the multiplier all the way just so you can raise the fsb, I find a happy medium works best.

Yeah you are going to have to experiment a bit to find what works best for you. Put your multi at lets say 10 and run the FSB as high as you can go. Than raise the multi a point and do it again until you find where that sweet spot is.

Let us know how it goes maybe you will get a real good OC. You never know, people told me I probably wouldn't get past 650 and i am running stable at 825. And could probably go higher but my BIOS has no higher FSB settings. :)

You wouldn't want a multiplier of 20x even if your could. Generally speaking, mutliplier increases don't help as much as pumping up the fsb. However, don't lower the multiplier all the way just so you can raise the fsb, I find a happy medium works best.

Ever since I updated my bios from 1006 to 1007 it sucks at overclocking i used to be able to get to 170 fsb on a 1.675 vore but not it wont go past 160 with a vore of 1.650 i havent tryed a higher vcore yet

• 3 weeks later...