amd r9 fury bench leaked?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No overclockers, saw reviews that use thermal cameras, but temps wasn't really an issue with gddr5, haven't seen any figures for hbm yet

considering that my question was regards to cooling hbm vs the gddr5 modules, yeah :P air would be insignificant considering they're pretty connected on the die/interposer and heatsink, air isn't the only way they're connected as the comment seems to imply

No, guess asking for numbers is too much :/

Then ask things more clearly so we actually know what you're trying to get at instead of constantly saying we're missing the point.

Neither Overclockers.com nor Overclockers3D.net show memory temps.

If the air cooler on the Fury covers the exact same area as the water cooler on the Fury X, and it probably will, there won't be an issue in keeping the whole thing cool. The HBM and GPU are all one piece, so cooling one cools the rest. Compare that to every other video card where only the GPU has the heat sink contacting it, because that is all that it can reach. The memory typically has a thermal pad over it, same with the VRM, but the heat sink and heat pipes are right over the GPU core. On Fiji, the memory and core are right there directly under the cooler, so the HBM will probably be cooler that way compared to GDDR5 on other cards.

Wonder how much harder it is to cool the HBM too,

That's about as clear as it can get, can't help you there

I will wait to see if any more data comes out with the air launches since they're allowed non reference designs and the like, don't think there will be tho since memory oc is locked so far.

Think this has run it's course, all the info to be seen has been seen

I'm asking about the hbm modules compared to the gddr5 modules, nothing about the way it's being cooled, just if it's harder or cooler to cool the modules due to surface area and stuff using the same method.

The conversation is over since either the data is not there to normal people or it's hard to find, and the answers here are not the sort I'm looking for