HTC Implements Promotions in BlinkFeed

gebraset

HTC has announced that its BlinkFeed mobile application has been integrated with various types of promotions. According to the company, a limited number of promotions will be displayed natively within the application, and only users within the United States, the United Kingdom, Germany, Taiwan, and China are affected at this time. Since the promotions are natively displayed, they happen to look like any other BlinkFeed post. The promotions will feature sponsored applications from AdNetworks partners such as Yahoo, Twitter, and Appia, as well as HTC auto promotions for new accessories or devices. HTC has noted that the implementation of promotions within BlinkFeed is being done as a pilot, with the company analyzing just how native format promotions happen to appeal to users. As such, it is unknown at this time if promotions within BlinkFeed will be introduced to additional markets.

Source: HTC Blog

Back to original news post

Apparently they are sinking fast................  The need to generate revenue from ads incorporated into their native Blink Feed application is disheartening.  It doesn't affect me much since I've had blink feed turned off since I bought my first HTC One.  But it's a shame, because the HTC One is a fine piece of hardware all on it's own.

I hope this doesn't signal the beginning of the end for a viable alternative to Apple and Samsung.