Fallout 4 - Coming November 10, 2015

DanTheGamer11

The only thing I've seen has been this part of the settings with the splash screen.

iM2pDDj.png

Missing the view distance part, sadly. And so what if it's incomplete? People have been receiving their copies on all three platforms and posting screenshots.

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

View distance is missing? Is it different form the view distance tab or what

Hmm read somewhere that the pc version didn't have all the data on it to play the game, was wondering what it's missing if there are pics of the ultra settings out

I guess there's no fov options if nobody mentioned them yet atm

Yes, I said it's missing the view distance, because only the Detail tab is shown and not the View Distance one.

If what you mean by stuff missing is that the disc requires part of a download from Steam, then yes, it does. You get your PC disc, pop it into your computer, and then Steam pulls in some of the information that isn't on the disc.

Oh the image >.<

NIyUhPO.png

Comment on wccftech had that linked

Ya I know, I would of assumed bethesda would have made it so you couldn't play the game without that data, or its a reviewer leak or something

Apparently it doesn't have a fov slider, vats is 30fps locked and no 21:9 support, that and it started off as a skyrim port. Some people are gonna have their jimmies rustled

Bethesda learned the new consoles and how the Creation Engine would work by porting Skyrim onto the Xbox One. It's not like the entire thing is a port of Skyrim.

"The first thing we did was port Skyrim to Xbox One. Don't get your hopes up yet," Howard says with a smile. "We moved all of our data over to the system to learn it faster, and we realized we needed a new renderer. We started rewriting it for Fallout 4 in 2012. To do the amount of dynamic lighting we wanted to do, we knew we needed to have a deferred renderer. It's kind of the popular way of doing rendering now. We spent a while on that."

That's it. That's all it was. It was a way to see how the engine would work on new hardware and then break it all down and go from there.

As for the FOV slider, it was added into an .ini file for both Fallout 3 and New Vegas. More than likely can be done the same in 4 if there's no in-game option. Don't freak out about it.

Also, Pip-Boy app and C.H.A.T icons.

So, messing around with the Pip-Boy app is pretty neat. Can connect to your Fallout 4 on PC, PS4, or XBO, but you have to enable it through an in-game menu, so can't do that yet. You can toss it into demo mode and play around with some stuff in it. Check out some perks, stats, inventory, play Atomic Command, and stroll through the map.

One interesting thing from the map is the timestamp for it, which is October 23, 2287. That is a full ten years after Fallout 3 and six years after New Vegas, so we're set 210 years after the bombs dropped. That alone is exciting!

The app also asks whether you want to launch it in fullscreen or hardware, with the latter letting you adjust the screen as needed to fit the Pip-Boy itself. Was wondering how Bethesda did it, so it's nice to see it's something we can adjust.

Yeah I read that on Game Informer today, they're gonna have an article up on the creation of it tomorrow

I hope so, not really fond of getting a headache from the fov ^.^

"This app is incompatible with all your devise" :D Does the pipboy app seem like something useful so far? I wonder if you can disable the in game pipboy and use the pap for everything, maybe as a difficulty modifier :D Wonder if there's roving enemies so they can come and attack while your looking at your pipboy ^.^

Wonder what references they will have to F3 and NV, wonder if the river city mission regarding androids will be mentioned

less than 6 days D:

The app is something optional to use. It isn't a required part of the experience; it's a companion app to bring you a little closer and handle some inventory duties while you're not playing.

You really need to get a new phone or tablet. :lol:

As for the launch trailer, I want all of that. Looking forward to super mutants attacking my settlements! As for that gun, it's the one featured here.

Was just wondering if it felt like something that you would actually want to use ^.^ I assume it's going to be real time, gonna test it with somebody's ipad :D I feel like the map is going to be good to use though

So true XD

Are you sure? you can see an exposed line of coils in the trailer at ~2:05, unless there's a two handed version too D: That seems like a gatling laser maybe, seems like it has two things for firing while the 4 barrel thing looks like it spins. When I saw that picture yesterday I didn't even look at the weapon, was too distracted by the leather strap for the leg plating D:

Got an email that the bobblehead was posted :D hype level+1

For some reason the part in the crater area with the radiation suit caught my attention, guess because it doesn't seem combaty

It's something I'll use a good amount, I'm sure. I can see it sucking down battery life just because the screen is on, so probably best if you aren't constantly using it. Well, except for maybe the map. :lol:

From what I can tell, it looks like the same gun. Or at least the basis of it. Remember, guns can be modded to hell and back, so why couldn't that one switch from one handed to two handed? Or have a version easily usable outside of the Power Armor? So far the Power Armor is seen using big guns, like the minigun, so maybe there are specific variants for that and then other models to use outside of it.

Bobblehead posted? Oh, your order shipped?

Yeah, the crater part is intriguing. Looks like we're exploring where the bomb dropped for some reason. Maybe part of the main quest takes us there? There's also a structure there, too.

rdvoXmU.png

I will for sure at least use it for the map, will be interesting to see how well the two different systems interact... mostly not having to spam the pip boy :D

That would be cool, I was wondering if they would have power first specifically for the power armour like in W40k... regardless those too look fun to use :D Modding is going to be great ^.^

I hope there are specific power armour weapons and stuff. I hope it sinks in water though, at least without a buoyancy armour mod unless something like that would actually float irl

No, just the bobblehead. The order page still says unshipped :c I hope it's sent tonight/tomorrow, at least the game isn't being launched on monday

Yeah those possibilities too, just seems like an interesting change of pace, hopefully

speaking of the trailer the characters hands don't even reach the hands for the power armour xD I doubt there's any weapons that you can attach instead of a hand for the power armour, seems weird :O nvm he has handles inside, wonder what that means for the equipable weapons and stuff

btw is there any way to hide the overlay when you pause a video on youtube? It's a bit irritating if you want to screenshot a wallpaper since you have to play the video and hope you screenshot at the right moment :/

post-67588-0-72969300-1446749227_thumb.jpg

Edited by DanTheGamer11