5 replies to this topic

#1 Bosco

Bosco

OCC Boss

• Senior Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32951 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 02:05 PM

Today Jim takes a look back at Grand Theft Auto IV 7-Years Later.

Check out his review here:

http://www.overclock...s/gta_4_review/

Main Gaming Rig
Intel 6700K
MSI Board
32GB Gskill
Titan X
Samsung 1TB SSD
Corsair 600T White
Noctua D14 CPU Cooler
Corsair 1200 Watt PSU
Asus 32" 4K Monitor
Donating to OCC :::: OCC Site Rules :::: OCC Reviews
RIP Verran and Nemo gone but never will be forgotten.

#2 IVIYTH0S

IVIYTH0S

They call me... General Help.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21620 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 05:18 PM

To keep a car after you get it, by one means or another, you have to park it in the reserved area in front of one of your safehouses. Once there, it should be safe from despawning, but it is not perfect. I am pretty sure I lost one car I parked in that area, and I know you cannot try to be clever and park three cars in the slot (editor's note: two cars work fine).

I hated this in GTA4, all the prior GTAs had plenty of garages/storage for your cars. What annoys me more is I remember in the original xbox's enhanced GTA3 and Vice City copies the system was so much more potent that many cars would just stay where you left them in memory, which is what this game should have done (and hopefully what GTA 5 does). Just allocate up to maybe 5 living vehicles that you've driven to stay in memory (unless they get stolen back or by someone else) no matter where you are while the game session is active and they'll disappear if you end the game without putting any in your garage(s).

"GilliumX58" DESKTOP
Mobo: Asus P8Z68-V-PRO | Processor: Intel Core i7 2600K @ 4.6ghz | CPU Cooler: Zalman CNPS9900MAXR | Videocard: ASUS GTX970 Strix
Memory: Patriot/Kingston 16GB 1866mhz | OS SSD: SanDisk Extreme 240GB SATA | PSU: PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750W
Monitor: Samsung 30" 305T | CD/DVD: Samsung SH-S223F | Keyboard: Sentey Phoenix | Mouse: Razer Lachesis

OCC Cool Club Member

Rebate Success Thread 2015---RMA Success Thread 2016---GPU Comparison tool on AnAndTech

#3 bp9801

bp9801

Please press any key to continue

• Senior Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11171 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 06:43 PM

In GTA V, each character has a garage that can fit four cars, a safehouse or two that can store either one or two cars, and a personal vehicle or two that is always available to you (well, almost always for one character). Then there are the other vehicles, like a marina for boats, a helipad for helicopters, and a hangar for planes.

Intel Core i5 4690K - ASUS Z97-A - EVGA GTX 770 2GB
Mushkin Ridgeback 16GB DDR3-2133 - Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD - Seagate 750GB + 2TB - WD 1TB - Cooler Master SPH 1050W
ASUS Xonar Xense + Sennheiser PC-350 Xense Edition + Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 - Sapphire Vapor-X CPU Cooler - Cooler Master HAF XM

Follow OCC on facebook.png
KPMA7MM.png

#4 IVIYTH0S

IVIYTH0S

• Members
  • 21620 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 08:16 PM

In GTA V, each character has a garage that can fit four cars, a safehouse or two that can store either one or two cars, and a personal vehicle or two that is always available to you (well, almost always for one character). Then there are the other vehicles, like a marina for boats, a helipad for helicopters, and a hangar for planes.

I loved that giant ass airfield you bought in San Andreas, you could fit ANYTHING there lol

Same with the second island's garage in GTA 3, you could fit a Dodo in there if you were skilled.

ALSO, in Vice City there was one alley way apartment that had the biggest garage in the game and I was able to successfully push in the Apache helicopter like a champ :lol:

"GilliumX58" DESKTOP
Mobo: Asus P8Z68-V-PRO | Processor: Intel Core i7 2600K @ 4.6ghz | CPU Cooler: Zalman CNPS9900MAXR | Videocard: ASUS GTX970 Strix
Memory: Patriot/Kingston 16GB 1866mhz | OS SSD: SanDisk Extreme 240GB SATA | PSU: PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750W
Monitor: Samsung 30" 305T | CD/DVD: Samsung SH-S223F | Keyboard: Sentey Phoenix | Mouse: Razer Lachesis

OCC Cool Club Member

Rebate Success Thread 2015---RMA Success Thread 2016---GPU Comparison tool on AnAndTech

#5 bp9801

bp9801

Please press any key to continue

• Senior Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11171 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 08:55 PM

You can fit tanks in the hangar pretty easily. Any vehicles you've bought or are given from Rockstar show up in the quick menu for the respective storage, too, so they don't take up space (not at the safehouse, but elsewhere). You do need to have an open space for them to spawn, I think. Been a while, so memory is a touch fuzzy. There are also parking spaces at certain areas you can save vehicles.

IVI, you didn't even touch GTA V on the PS3, huh?

Intel Core i5 4690K - ASUS Z97-A - EVGA GTX 770 2GB
Mushkin Ridgeback 16GB DDR3-2133 - Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD - Seagate 750GB + 2TB - WD 1TB - Cooler Master SPH 1050W
ASUS Xonar Xense + Sennheiser PC-350 Xense Edition + Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 - Sapphire Vapor-X CPU Cooler - Cooler Master HAF XM

Follow OCC on facebook.png
KPMA7MM.png

#6 IVIYTH0S

IVIYTH0S

• Members
  • 21620 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 09:17 PM

You can fit tanks in the hangar pretty easily. Any vehicles you've bought or are given from Rockstar show up in the quick menu for the respective storage, too, so they don't take up space (not at the safehouse, but elsewhere). You do need to have an open space for them to spawn, I think. Been a while, so memory is a touch fuzzy. There are also parking spaces at certain areas you can save vehicles.

IVI, you didn't even touch GTA V on the PS3, huh?

No, I still have to finish the SP of GTA 4, plus once I heard it was coming to PC I refused to get it on PS3

"GilliumX58" DESKTOP

OCC Cool Club Member