Worth the upgrade?

seeing as you are upgrading primarily for the ram slots, it would do the job. just be warned it doesn't seem to support over a 2.1 system. Other than that it looks good

1. Realtek ALC887 codec
  2. High Definition Audio
  3. 2/4/5.1/7.1-channel

* To configure 7.1-channel audio, you have to use an HD front panel audio module and enable the multi-channel audio feature through the audio driver.

4. Support for S/PDIF Out

taken straight from the gigabyte page , which means i'll need a sound card?

Edited by Justhavocman

I just mean the amount of ports on the back, Idk how you'd get a 5.1 to work on there but I guess there's a work around (if you care)

Guess i'll have to give that 20 euro premium and go for the Asrock Z77 pro 3

Does AsRock make a B75 equivalent for cheaper?

I just mean the amount of ports on the back, Idk how you'd get a 5.1 to work on there but I guess there's a work around (if you care)

Guess i'll have to give that 20 euro premium and go for the Asrock Z77 pro 3

Does AsRock make a B75 equivalent for cheaper?

http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/B75%20Pro3-M/

http://www.asrock.com/mb/intel/b75%20pro3/

http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/ZH77%20Pro3/

Closest ones i could find , would it be a better option? They are all at aprox the same price .

Edited by Justhavocman

Which is the cheapest? They all look exactly the same port wise, I wouldn't get the H77 though unless someone specifically recommends the chipset since you lose the DVI on the back (which could come in handy if you're between graphics cards or if yours dies and you need to use the integrated)

Which is the cheapest? They all look exactly the same port wise, I wouldn't get the H77 though unless someone specifically recommends the chipset since you lose the DVI on the back (which could come in handy if you're between graphics cards or if yours dies and you need to use the integrated)

The B75 Pro3-m is 3 euros cheaper than the b75 pro 3 , so it doesn't really make any difference price wise . The non-m has more slots though so it should be the right choice?

The B75 Pro3-m is 3 euros cheaper than the b75 pro 3 , so it doesn't really make any difference price wise . The non-m has more slots though so it should be the right choice?
Yeah if you have the room, why not? Might be more valuable when you resell it!