not happy with new rad fan

last week i replace my delta fan(EFB1212HH 3000RPM) with CM jetflo120 so i can set custom fan profile with speedfan cause my wife is annoyed with the delta fan sound. i figure that i will not get too much performance drop since i've been reading good reviews on the fan especially on rad but after a week of usage i'm totally not happy.

sound vs performance compared to the delta is mediocre, i've been running my delta with 7v adapter and the sound is about the same as 80% pwm on the jetflo but i'm getting higher temp and my water temp raised almost 20c above ambient after a few loop of unigine. with the delta fan the max water temp barely break 15c above ambient.

here is my loop sequence

pump/res=>gpu block=>cpu block=>rad=>pump/res(water temp probe on the res)

cpu 3570k
gpu 7970
pump-ek dcp 4.0
gpu block-heatkiller 79x0
cpu block-xspc raystorm
rad- black ice gt stealth 240
5/16ID tubing on 3/8 barb + 2x90 degree adapter

now i know cpu+gpu on a 240 rad is asking too much but before changing the fan i have great temps, the cpu is oc'ed per core to 4.1 on single 4.0 on dual and 3.9 on triple and quad so i don't think this will create too much heat and the card is running stock voltage 1.05v@1050/1500.

after fooling around with speedfan setting i found out that 2 of my 3pin fan header allows vr control for non pwm fan (i should have downloaded speed fan first before buying the fan, silly me :mfp: ) and now i can set custom fan profile for the delta fan. so right now what do you guys think i should do with the extra pair of fan? sell it off or mount it as pull?

Edited by panjang110

A cheap fan controller and 4 Yate Loon medium speed fans would be my choice. Static pressure is what you need since that radiator is designed for ultra high flow fans only (the fins are extremely tight).

i really want to avoid using fan controller since my one and only odd bay is occupied by my hdd,ssd and water/ambient temp display but isn't the delta fan have enough static pressure already? i couldn't find any datasheet on delta website but the nearest spec i can find is from sidewinder for EFB1212VH( VH is one step higher from HH designation)

Specifications: 120x120x25mm, 102.06 CFM @ 3300 RPM, 45.5 dBA, 4.80 watts, 0.40 amps, Maximum Air Pressure 6.94 mm H

Edited by panjang110

what if i mount the delta as push and set the speed according to gpu temp and the jetflo as pull and set it's speed according to cpu temp ?maybe it will create a balance between sound and performance?

It couldn't hurt to try seeing that you already have the fans. I have used mis matched fans on a heatsink push pull and it seemed to work out alright.