Future concept build Mini itx

kennethk

SilverStone Sugo Series - $40

GIGABYTE GA-F2A88XN-WIFI FM2+ $110

EVGA 100-W1-500-KR 500W ATX12V / EPS12V 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC 3 Year Warranty Power Supply Intel 4th Gen CPU Ready - $50

G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2133 (PC3 17000) Desktop Memory Model F3-17000CL11D-8GBXL - $85    
Totals to around $300

What I'd like from Overclockersclub are simply suggestions on what I could cut back on/add. I'd like to add a aftermarket cpu cooler since this rig will be used for moderate gaming/my main home theater.

I already own the apu and hdd which is a refurbished 3tb 3.25" drive may upgrade to an ssd. 

Sorry for the weird copying and pasting going on, hope theres nothing I'm forgetting, this build wont happen for a while though! I'll probably subsitute this build for my laptop and give that to my mom.

Look around for some deals, nothing you have chosen is bad but you should be able to knock at least $50 off that final price if you look for sales, deals and coupon codes.

For instance in my latest build I saved over $30 on my CPU and memory just by making Staples pricematch Amazons prices AND using a '$20 off $100 or more' coupon code.

Plus Staples offers free shipping to their stores or your residence.

CPU: AMD A6-5400K 3.6GHz Dual-Core Processor (Purchased For $0.00)

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-F2A88XN-WIFI Mini ITX FM2+ Motherboard ($108.46 @ Mwave)

Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport XT 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($69.99 @ Newegg)

Case: Silverstone SST-SG05B-USB3.0 (Black) Mini ITX Desktop Case w/300W Power Supply ($99.99 @ Newegg)

Power Supply: Silverstone 300W 80+ Bronze Certified SFX Power Supply (Purchased For $0.00)

Other: 3TB Harddrive (Purchased)

Total: $278.44

(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)

Edited by Andrewr05

SilverStone Sugo Series - $40

GIGABYTE GA-F2A88XN-WIFI FM2+ $110

EVGA 100-W1-500-KR 500W ATX12V / EPS12V 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC 3 Year Warranty Power Supply Intel 4th Gen CPU Ready - $50

G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2133 (PC3 17000) Desktop Memory Model F3-17000CL11D-8GBXL - $85    
Totals to around $300

What I'd like from Overclockersclub are simply suggestions on what I could cut back on/add. I'd like to add a aftermarket cpu cooler since this rig will be used for moderate gaming/my main home theater.

I already own the apu and hdd which is a refurbished 3tb 3.25" drive may upgrade to an ssd. 

Sorry for the weird copying and pasting going on, hope theres nothing I'm forgetting, this build wont happen for a while though! I'll probably subsitute this build for my laptop and give that to my mom.

honestly, imho it looks to me like you've made some pretty good choices for a quality mini itx setup...ftr, i like your choice of case alot, and if they had that the last time i built a mini, i would have gotten that too,...and if you ever have the cash to upgrade the cpu, you can go all the way with that fm2+ ...good job !

Thanks guys, yeah still debating on the case, I wanted something a tad bit smaller I could just lay under my entertainment center, like I sadi this build probably wont be done by july or augest. :) Maybe I can see some good price drops then. Only sucky part is having to dig out my old pc to get the apu out but the build should be great for casual gaming. I'd like it to be a always on system so any suggestions on what I could throw into it to make it super quiet without it going pop?

I'd also like to be able to travel with this build, use it at friends and families what not.