Can't set overclocked monitor settings in games

Crow47

I've successfully overclocked my QNIX monitor to 80hz as of now. Which is great, but I'm unable to enjoy it so far in most of my games because a lot of them will not let me set the 80hz setting, as they either don't see that as an option or don't have a setting for refresh rate at all. Am I missing something? Games like Company of Heroes 2, Shadow Warrior, and Tropico 4 do not see 80hz as an option. Weirdly, Saints Row IV does. How do I get the other games to work?

Have you tried disabling vsync in those games to see if it makes a difference?  With vsync disabled the gpu should push as many frames as it can render to the monitor regardless of other settings (I think.....)

^ this, turn off vsync in-game.  If your FPS are then higher in-game than 80, then use the nvidia control panels adaptive vsync option to keep the gpus from running wild.  The control panels vsync should match the overclock refresh rate.

^ this, turn off vsync in-game.  If your FPS are then higher in-game than 80, then use the nvidia control panels adaptive vsync option to keep the gpus from running wild.  The control panels vsync should match the overclock refresh rate.

Yeah, I thought of that actually, but that made no difference. 

I did a little more looking around and I finally found a small utility that adds the custom resolutions to the registry. Now it works!