Help me Guys Please

I have Asus rampage iv extreme and i bought kingston 32 4*8 GB ram 2400 MHZ. The problem is in cpu-z the speed showing 666 mhz and i try to change from BIOS also and i changed it after i again checked in cpu-z its showing the same 666 mhz. I again went to BIOS inm extreme tweaking tab its 2400mhz but when i go to MAIN tab its showing there 1333mhz. i am not understanding why this happening i also enabled XMB but nothing change. Please guys help me.

We need a bit more info than this :P

1: any overclocks on your cpu?

2: i assume you have tried default settings of your bios?

3: can you post some screens of cpu-z of your cpu, memory and SPD?

In addition to the information that WW is asking for, post up a pictures of your BIOS settings and also the CPUz screen that you're looking at.

And, while it's not impossible it's going to be challenging getting 32Gb of DDR 2400Mhz memory running at the spec'd. speed and timings.  That's a lot of memory at insane speeds.

Also need the exact part number of the Kingston memory that you're using.  That will help us determine whether or not the XMP profile is even close to being properly programmed for your particular board.

Thank all of you friends, i went to computer technician he changed something in bios then speed showing in bios 2400 mhz and in cpu-z also but not by selecting XMP or profile 1, he went to advanced settings and from there he did something and the speed increased for my memory.

Great.

Now that you have the PC back make sure and run Memtest 86+ for 8 hours or overnight to ensure that whatever he did not only got the speed right, but also that the new settings are stable.

If it passes Memtest, run Prime95 four or more hours or OCCT for two hours and see if it passes stress testing.

Great.

Now that you have the PC back make sure and run Memtest 86+ for 8 hours or overnight to ensure that whatever he did not only got the speed right, but also that the new settings are stable.

If it passes Memtest, run Prime95 four or more hours or OCCT for two hours and see if it passes stress testing.

Can u give me more details about it bcz i have made my pc new and i dont have any background about OC or any thing so please help me make my pc the extreme. I have spend a lot of money so i need my pc the best.

Hi Innocent.  At this point we just want to confirm stability at stock settings + whatever changes the computer tech made to get your memory running at the correct speed.  Just because the memory is running at the rated speed, and just because the PC will boot doesn't mean that it is stable.

You can find Memtest 86+ here;

http://forum.canardpc.com/threads/68001-NEW-!!-Memtest86-5.00-RC1-available-!-Need-betatesters-!

You want version 5.00 Beta 1 and I personally prefer the USB Installer method

Prepare your USB thumb drive - execute the USB installer and it will create a bootable USB thumb drive that will execute Memtest the next time you boot your PC (make sure that the USB thumb drive is set as the first boot device)

Memtest will do everything else - let the program run for eight hours or overnight and then check on it and see if any errors have popped up

If no Memtest errors have been detected, download and install OCCT.  You can find it here;

http://www.ocbase.com/

Download OCCT, install the package and run the program.  Instructions for running the program can be found on the page that I linked you to.  Run OCCT for two hours and if it passes without error you should be good to go.

Overclocking questions move into a completely different topic and should be posted up in the appropriate section of the forum.

Regards,