Done with multi-card setups

Silas13013

Well I've had several problems with my crossfire setup over the months and It's time I moved to a single card setup.  Since one of the problems I've experienced is that crossfire will just randomly stop working, I've essentially been running a single 6950 1GB instead of the 2 I have in my case. 

So my intention is to sell my 6950s and get a single card.  Manufacturer doesn't really matter and from what I've seen, an R2 280x looks to be about what my 6950s should be but in a single card format that won't break the bank. 

So thinking about an R2 280x to replace my current setup.  Does anyone have any words of advice or other suggestions before I proceed?

At that res and with that card, you'll be just fine. I haven't messed with Crossfire in years and just using a single card is much better imo. Less hassle, less messing around with things to get it just so, and the heat reduction is welcome.

At that res and with that card, you'll be just fine. I haven't messed with Crossfire in years and just using a single card is much better imo. Less hassle, less messing around with things to get it just so, and the heat reduction is welcome.

+1, super happy with my 7950 @ 1920x1200 and you're pretty much getting a 7970 Ghz edition

I'd say you don't really need to worry about multi-card setups unless you're running a resolution over 2560x1600 aka multi-monitor setups (Eyefinity or Nvidia Surround)